Noob 5D3 and MLV RAW pp - any easy way?

Started by joker97, December 29, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joker97

Hi i have not flashed ML onto my 5D3 because I can't see how I would be able to reliably use the RAW footage (white bands canappear that need fixing?) and there is no single program that can use it without going through multiple programs.

Is that correct?

NedB

550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

dmilligan

1. There's a lot more to ML than just RAW recording. There are many benefits and features useful for regular old stock h.264 recording (like: magic zoom, various scopes, focus peaking, FPS override, etc.), there are also many still photo related features (intervalometer, bulb timer, AutoETTR, Dual-ISO, silent pictures, advanced bracketing, various usability tweaks, etc.).

2. This forum, like most forums, is largely made up of posts from people who experience some sort of issue (typically because they don't read or follow instructions properly). The people who use ML and never have any issues, likely never post, so you don't really see a fair picture.

3. I have tried to make the raw video post processing as seemless as possible with MLVFS

Danne

Some dual iso movie shots in 2, 5k.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12796.msg125268#msg125268

Raw/Mlv is as good, or even better, as any high quality cam out there used the right way. With mlvfs and mlrawviewer there really isn, t much more one need to get things rollin.

chmee

if the industry apps would support magiclantern, some other (financial) supporters would be very angry :) so, by now its not click&go, but click&copy/convert&go. all done by guys, doing it in its free time..

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

joker97

Quote from: dmilligan on December 30, 2014, 04:16:10 PM
1. There's a lot more to ML than just RAW recording. There are many benefits and features useful for regular old stock h.264 recording (like: magic zoom, various scopes, focus peaking, FPS override, etc.), there are also many still photo related features (intervalometer, bulb timer, AutoETTR, Dual-ISO, silent pictures, advanced bracketing, various usability tweaks, etc.).

2. This forum, like most forums, is largely made up of posts from people who experience some sort of issue (typically because they don't read or follow instructions properly). The people who use ML and never have any issues, likely never post, so you don't really see a fair picture.

3. I have tried to make the raw video post processing as seemless as possible with MLVFS

thank you. very tempting! i have used ML before, with my 600D, but i am afraid to flash my 5D3 since it's only nightly build? is it stable enough to flash? and if i unflash it is there a way that Canon can find out?

thanks