Camera RAW "Clarity" Flicker Problem ???

Started by yasinvfx, December 20, 2014, 11:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yasinvfx

I shoot raw videos. Now, I use the last release of VISION LOG. Also I use M31 LOG.
The question is, when I add clarity to a raw video, it makes flickering of light, so how can I solve this problem?

There is no problem when I turn off clarity at this point.

DFM

Clarity is just mid-range contrast expansion; and so it's adaptive to the luma spectrum of each image (as are the black/white/shadow/highlight sliders). Use curves instead.

yasinvfx

Quote from: DFM on December 20, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
Clarity is just mid-range contrast expansion; and so it's adaptive to the luma spectrum of each image (as are the black/white/shadow/highlight sliders). Use curves instead.

Thanks for the answer...

ChadMuffin

A handful of the tools in ACR will change frame to frame. Simply put, ACR was designed for photography, one picture at a time only. Introducing a stream of images will have a flickering effect. I recommend only using exposure, white balance, lens corrections, sharpening. Do not use shadows/highlights, blacks/whites, clarity, contrast. Grain will have the same grain pattern with each frame. Doesn't look natural. You can use noise reduction, but something like Neat Video or Denoiser work better. You may be able to use split toning. If you want a "clarity" look, Magic Bullet Looks has a Pop filter. Or, an unsharpen mask which is right in Premiere and AFX. While they don't do what ACR's clarity does exactly, it is worth experimenting to see if it fits the style you want.

yasinvfx

Quote from: ChadMuffin on December 22, 2014, 06:59:13 AM
A handful of the tools in ACR will change frame to frame. Simply put, ACR was designed for photography, one picture at a time only. Introducing a stream of images will have a flickering effect. I recommend only using exposure, white balance, lens corrections, sharpening. Do not use shadows/highlights, blacks/whites, clarity, contrast. Grain will have the same grain pattern with each frame. Doesn't look natural. You can use noise reduction, but something like Neat Video or Denoiser work better. You may be able to use split toning. If you want a "clarity" look, Magic Bullet Looks has a Pop filter. Or, an unsharpen mask which is right in Premiere and AFX. While they don't do what ACR's clarity does exactly, it is worth experimenting to see if it fits the style you want.
very thanks...