Pink area on Highlights area

Started by DavidML, December 29, 2014, 06:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidML

Hey guys, it's David right over here. I go some problem over here.!!!
This fottage was shot in 1100d
Settings
ISO25
Shutter 1/50. 219'
Aperture f/4.0
Picture Style CineStyle

The problem was fine when i set my "Equivalent ISO" to 100, but when i set my ML digital ISO to -2.0EV
and when i'm pointing at the higtlights area, it became pink!!???
This was the fottage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk6lZaHvA8o&feature=youtu.be
(You can clearly see what happens during the start)

I didn't owned a ND filter myself, so i use this method to decrease the light without touching the shutter speed and aperture
Anyone knows who happen??

chmee

to give you a proper answer, you have to write some more informations.

(1) Body and Firmwareversion
(2) Converter
(3) Videoapplication
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

DavidML

Converter? I didn't use any videoapplication
The firmware version is "Canon firmware 1.0.5."

chmee

this is the result of a h.264 mov-video straight out of the body?

chmee

ok. i didnt knew, this behaviour can be forced with h.264 as well. as you maybe know, canon-raw has sparedata beyond the "whitepoint" (whitelevel ~15.000). green is saturated on value ~15.000, red and blue sensordata have higher values, up until ~16383. these are the data used for highlight-recovery.

if you use with the digital ISO you just adjust a multiplier and green shows his lower maximumlevel comparing to red and blue. simply avoid using digital iso. theres a workaround in premiere to fix it, but i admit to know and avoid it.

Quote..This is not ideal but using the Video Limiter effect, set to Chroma, with Chroma Max set to 100% can help the magenta shift in the overexposure area...

regards chmee

DavidML

GARHHH!!! Hope someone could write a plugin or preset to fix this problem...:)

Thanks
David

chmee

there's no need to "fix" because nothing is "buggy". you wrote yourself there are natural workarounds, fi nd-filter. you cant demand, all is fixable by electronics. now you've got the knowledge about this behaviour.

DavidML

hmmm, any other ways to decreases the light sensitive without touching Aperture, Shutter Speed and ML Digital ISO???

DFM

Buy a neutral density filter (either a set of fixed-value filters or a variable ND - the latter being more expensive but much more useful for video).

DavidML