Need some help with your project? I might be just the man..

Started by extremelypoorfilmaker, December 15, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

Hi everyone, this post is self-explanatory.

If you need an extra man that is totally willing to work long hours for £0, if you need a partner to develop your projects, if you need a man that has tools that could improve your project, if you need a still photographer, if you need a graphic designer to design your film cover and posters, if you need sliders, steadicam or led lights for your project and you don't have them, if all you need it is only a person to hold your lights, bouncecard, mics. etc. the way you need it,
I am the man for you! :)

To make it short, i come from a musical background. I can write and produce music, i have a fair bit of knowkledge in sound engineering, and i spent the last 10 years trying to make it into the music business. It did not work out.
What i am doing now? Trying to make it into the film business! But, i had to start from scratch. and i literally do not know NOBODY here n London that shares my same passion, or works within the industry

I have a degree in graphic design, and back in italy i have worked for a photographic studio, for the RAI (the italian BBC) as a grip and cameraman assistant before moving to London (To pursue foolishly the Music Dream).

And now, after 6 years spent in England i am just aching to get myself involved into making movies. They say, that movies are a people's business. One thing i am struggling to find is actually, people to do movies with! Hence this post! :) I thought that there just might be another magic lantern user here in London UK that could use my help!

I hope you are gonna like the images i have posted below. I actually did a couple of videos with magic lantern, but they are so littered with problems, that after having seen what other people are able to do here with ML, i would feel ashamed of posting them.

Here below are some frame extracted from the latest project i am trying to finish (everything shot with Canon 6D + Magic Lantern)

And here below are some still photo and old graphic jobs i did back in italy.

One last thing, i am NOT ASKING for any payment of any kind. All i want to do is help and get experience! :)
Maybe the magic lantern forum is not the right place where to post this message right now, but.. i have got to start somewhere!

jameslarkin

i may well need some advise on a commercial job im doing for myself soon, i too am breaking into another industry that isn't phtography that was and still is my passion for the past 5 years plus as pro

send me an email i might send some cash your way if you can give me the info i need

[email protected]
canon 5d mark II, kowa h anamorphic lense, samyang 85mm 1/5, 50mm 1.8/1.4, 50mm/200mm 2.8, dr-40 audio recorder

extremelypoorfilmaker

Thank you for your reply james, i will send you an e-mail shortly! :)

extremelypoorfilmaker