mac compilation autoexec.bin no booting gcc 4.9.3 MACOS 10.9.5 50D 109

Started by friano75, December 12, 2014, 09:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

friano75

Hello.
I'm be able to cross-compile magic lantern's code for the 50D on the Xubuntu virtual machine.
Everything was fine, my camera worked with the own compiled autoexec.bin file.
Now I moved on mac and again I could compile successfully (without errors) but the camera doesn't start anymore with my own compiled autoexec.bin. Only the downloaded autoexec.bin from ML website works. I installed my development platform like this says and had no problems: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Development_on_Mac
The bootflag is enabled.
How should I continue/find the problem? :'(

Maybe this helps:
Mac OS: 10.9.5
GCC Version: arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.9.3
Camera: 50D, fir 109

This is my Makefile.user:
ARM_PATH=/Users/myname/Desktop/ML_DEV/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2014q4
ARM_BINPATH=$(ARM_PATH)/bin
GCC_VERSION=4.9.3
CC=$(ARM_BINPATH)/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.9.3
OBJCOPY=$(ARM_BINPATH)/arm-none-eabi-objcopy
AR=$(ARM_BINPATH)/arm-none-eabi-ar
RANLIB=$(ARM_BINPATH)/arm-none-eabi-ranlib
HOST_CC=gcc
CONFIG_TCC          = y
CONFIG_MODULES      = y
CONFIG_PICOC=n

I'm a beginner. :P

dmilligan

did you update all the necessary files? autoexec.bin isn't the only important file. (the .sym file in the modules folder is very important)

hint: it's best to use "make install" which will compile and copy everything (including modules) directly to your card (make sure SD card is inserted into computer when running this). You can also "make zip" and then make sure to copy everything included.

friano75

Thank you for your constructive comment. :)
Until now no success. I see a lot of warning messages while compiling(I ignored them until now, I thougth "no errors, no problems").
Oh "python2: command not found" this could probably cause the problems. Sorry.
Who ever you are, don't waste more time for this topic I probably found the problem.