LUts on the camera screen

Started by maitimaus, December 10, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitimaus

Hey there,
is it possible that Magic Lantern allows me to see how a lut file would look on the camera screen?

dpjpandone

Picture styles are the same thing, make one that gets you close to the LUT you will be using

Lars Steenhoff

Not quite the same as the picture styles, loading a .LUT file from an memory card would be an awesome feature.

pilgrim

In my experience, I can imagine how far the color correction in post production. The histogram and zebra is a helpful function. Even vector-scope, before it's exist only on the professional NLE, now is in the camera, thanks to Magic Lantern. The image in screen (Live View) some time better than reality, in other word not so sure. With the RAW/MLV, the image is close to reality, more space for exposure correction, if correct the temperature less in color correction, more for the taste. I don't think the processor in the camera can do many function. Maybe very strong but in specific task. I can not afford a better camera, so I try to know better the limitation of my camera. Please, no offend just a share. Many great things start from the imagination or dream  :).

@ dpjpandone : yes, for picture style.... many 'free' user profile can be download and use, many good choices outside of Cinestyle also and even the extra gain on gamma  :)