Nightly Builds

Started by RoyHenry, December 09, 2014, 07:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyHenry

Nightly Builds seem to have stopped for Canon MkII and MkIII...is there any reason for this?

walter_schulz

You will find nightly build has been stopped about 7th/8th, Oct. 2014 for all cams.

l_d_allan

I'm also curious why there haven't been new nightly builds since early Oct, 2014. Any reason that can be shared with end-users / non-devs? Is there some thread with an explanation? Some other link to get the "latest / greatest"?

Is the delivery mode of "rolling releases" no longer rolling? Are the devs going back to a delivery approach of Pre-Alpha --> Alpha --> Beta --> Release Candidate --> Release? (which I would find preferred ... YMMV ... my experience has been that the "rolling releases" worked much better with more stability than I expected)

QuoteYou will find nightly build has been stopped about 7th/8th, Oct. 2014 for all cams.

FWIW and OT: forum no longer seems to support "quotes" from earlier threads with the author and time stamp. Am I doing something wrong?

dmilligan

The current delivery mode is: no one is actively developing => there are no releases

robschii

Developing stop because of the new open source camera project?  Maybe alex can tell us something about the next steps

Walter Schulz

Mods: We need an Urban Legend forum for those ...
I'm tired of this s***.

Stedda

If you want a new release then contribute some code to your camera model or main branch...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

dmilligan

Developement stopping has nothing to do with the new open source camera. It has everything to do with the fact that at the moment there isn't anyone with enough skill, interest, and free time that is willing to contribute to the project. That's not to say that is permanent, someone could come along (or return) at any moment. Please feel free to step up yourself, that is the point of this community after all.

There's just no way to know how and when development will happen and there's no point in speculation.

Greg

They change to Nikon cameras  :P

l_d_allan

> Nightly Builds seem to have stopped for Canon MkII and MkIII...is there any reason for this?

Just noticed "fresh" nightly builds from mid-January. Thanks, development team!!!