Bad motions . 5D Mark III Raw_Mlv and Zeiss cp2 Lenses

Started by ali farahani, December 07, 2014, 12:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali farahani

I shoot a short film with my canon 5d mark III and runing ML RAW_MLV. I used 2 zeiss cp2 lenses EF mount on my camera. But motions in my footages are look like high shutter speed effects .
My setting is :
Canon menu set to 30fps ( set to 23.976 in ML fps override)
Shutter speed in all of shots set to 1/50

This is my footage video link. When focused subject move to left and right i feel bad motions around his head.
5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

ali farahani

5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

dmilligan

DeafEyeJedi

It definitely looks like a rolling shutter effect but it's not as bad as others and I've seen worse...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

ChadMuffin

How did you grade the footage? Was it in with DNGs in ACR - Adobe Camera Raw in After Effects or Lightroom/Photoshop? It is a great grade! I think you are refering to the slight flickering in the highlight area in the sky? If you are and used ACR, this method is not the recommended choice. ACR goes frame by frame with its edits. It was designed to be used with photography only, not a stream of images with video. If you adjust a setting such as contrast, it will not be the exact same as the next image which can cause these flickers. If you do want to stay in ACR with your edits, I recommend not touching any of the setting except white balance, exposure, lens corrections and noise reductions (there are better options than ACR noise reduction though, such as Neat Video). Then, I would use a camera profile such as VisionLOG or Cinelog and then export it in ProRes or DNxHD and work with that video in your editor of choice. But, a faster way is to take the cDNGs right into Resolve with a BMD film to VisionLOG or Cinelog node.

ali farahani

Yes Its a flat grading with ACR. I usualy use ACR in adobe after effects for increase shadow details or highlights recovery and often decrease contrast and dont use any noise reduction process in acr. I never knew that using ACR maybe makes flickers in motions or any things like that. Ofcourse my purpose was not skew or any problems look like rolling shutter distortion. I talk about a problem such as halt between frames. Sorry my english is poor.