Image Sequence? (Currently, DNGS-->LR-->FCPX) QT Pro 7? Compressor?

Started by coryaycock, December 03, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coryaycock

So, I have been exporting DNGs via MLRawViewer, then taking the DNGs into LightRoom, exporting as TIFs to my desktop, then dragging them into FCPX (changing duration, compound clip).  I prefer not to use DaVinci because I am so familiar with LightRoom and FCPX, but when dragging 1000+ TIFs into FCPX, it is taking forever...even after installing an SSD drive.

My question is, is there another step I can implement in order to speed up the process.  I have heard Quicktime 7 can produce an image sequence.  Is there a possibility of importing the TIFs into Quicktime 7, then importing a .MOV file into FCPX to speed things up?

Please let me know what you think and how I can continue to use LR and FCPX, yet speed things along.

Thanks!

reddeercity

You know FCPX dose support Cdng's , no need to make Tiffs.
I'm a FCPX user and I use the new ProRes 4444 XQ Codec ,
Quotewhich has very little compression 1:4.5 versus 1:6.8 found in ProRes 4444
http://blog.abelcine.com/2014/07/02/arri-announces-alexa-xt-support-for-new-prores-444-xq-codec/
It hold up to the original ml cdng , I generate them thought A.E. with ACR.

coryaycock

Hi reddeercity,

I don't have AE.  Is there another way to generate cdng's for FCPX?

I will do some research in the meantime.  Thanks.

coryaycock

Looks like I can take TIFs into Quicktime 7 to create an image sequence, then create .mov which will be easier to import into FCPX.  I will look further into this.

(Modified 1)  Asked on another message board and they suggested using the Pro Res option in Compressor 4 for Image Sequencing, but unsuccessful thus far (blurry in FCPX). 

(Modified 2)  Used Pro Res 4444 Image Sequence with Compressor 4 and changed FCPX playback to "Best Quality" and it took care of previous blurriness.