testing out the new 2.3 rc2 and the automatic hdr feature

Started by screamer, July 16, 2012, 04:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamer

Hi all,
today i taked some shots with the new magic lantern. I've used the automatic hdr function. I love that function, because especially in the night hdr photography you don't know if all the lights are covered, or all the dark areas. Sometimes this function gives me a lot of shots, sometime not, it really depend on the scene. and this is fantastic, because with automatic you are shure you have all shots you will need later. When i'm not in a hurry i use this function, with small 0.5 step of exposure between each one. And then, when on my pc, i can use all the shots, or only some of them.
Here is the result, did the hdr tonemapping with photoshop and lighroom (really like the "quite natural" result of this workflow). And some little retouching for removing the bag on the left side
view large ;)

or view it on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedroscreamerovsky/sets/72157630067787487/
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

bart

Hi In this case I like the left one too. That dark sky and contrast are pretty amazing. I would add just a tiny bit more detail in the highlights and leave it. I'm a more conservative HDR user. I prefer a more natural look and use HDR to 'fix' camera capture limitations.

nanomad

Screamer, please read the rules and resize the photos
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

katana

de bonne chose , la nouvelle versions de ML  promet d'être au top.

Sceamer sympa ton Flickr. j'aime surtout la vidéo en  Timeslaps. Le traitement me parait effectivement un peu prononcé, je serais du même avis que  B4rt

lynmay

Incredible detail. I like the left image as well... more nature image and
color.  I look forward to trying this ML tool as well.  Thanks for the post.