Trap Focus shortcut improvement

Started by scrax, July 15, 2012, 06:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

With the new continuos trap focus shortcut in photo mode switch back the option to on hold AF.
Can be implemented a shortcut that will toggle trap focus mode from hold AF to continuous pressing a button (maybe SET) when trap focus is active (halfshutter pressed)?

So in M mode MF pressing AF (right arrow) will toggle Trap Focus
if trap focus is set to HoldAF or continuous go to OFF
if set to OFF go to HoldAF

My suggestion is that when trap focus is active (red color letters onscreen, AF pressed) if also SET is pressed it will toggle it to continuous (sort of auto hold function).
if set is pressed when in continuous go back to holdAF.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

1%

It always goes to holdAF by default for me when using the key shortcut in MF. I can't tell if that is good or bad yet.

scrax

yes I think that it can be extended to support the switch, so to have more control without opening ML menu.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-