Lighthouse (2.3 RC1 bulb ramping)

Started by Nick, July 15, 2012, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I tried out the bulb ramping with 2.3 RC1 - here's my result.. pretty good I think. Some deflickering with LRTimelapse, I didn't put too much effort into fixing the flicker but it did really well by itself I think. It was a basic 3 second interval on the Stage One dolly, though the ramping didn't say it got beyond 1" on the screen, some shots felt like they went for 2-3 seconds so it was a bit weird near the end, the dolly was moving as the shot was being taken at some points. (I don't have the move/shoot/move set up yet, still waiting on my PC sync cable so the dolly was acting independently to ML's intervalometer).

a1ex

3 seconds seem pretty tight for bulb ramping - especially with longer exposures which are actually done in bulb mode.

In the daylight stage, the pictures are taken in M mode (with flicker) - so it doesn't need much time to take the shot. There's also the time required for metering the shot.

Probably the optimal timing for bulb ramping is somewhere between 10 and 60 seconds.

Nick

Quote from: a1ex on July 15, 2012, 03:24:45 PM
3 seconds seem pretty tight for bulb ramping - especially with longer exposures which are actually done in bulb mode.

Yeah, I hadn't realised it required the extra time for metering, i'll move to 10 or 15 seconds next time I try it! Thanks Alex.