"Upgrading" Magic Lantern?

Started by extremelypoorfilmaker, November 16, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

I was wondering..

If i wanted to change the nightly build i am using now on my 6D and "upgrade" to a newer version, all i will need to do is: Format the card deleting magic lantern, and simply put on it the newer version i fancy correct? Theoretically, there is no risk to brick the camera right? :)

Thanks

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin from card. Copy extracted nightly contents to card. Start cam.
And bricking the cam is the risk you take when using ML, regardless if nightly builds are used or "stable" build.

Levas

I delete the ML folder and autoexec.bin file on the SD card (on computer, not in camera  ;D)
And copy the new autoexec.bin and ML folder on it, no formatting.
Works for my 6d  :D

extremelypoorfilmaker

I hope that the question i raised will help other felllow 6D users. I personally initiate the question so to have peace of mind for the future and, by the way, the risk of bricking the camera is always there from the beginning! :)

But is a risk i am glad to take, seeing the advantages you get! And also, correct me if i am wrong, from my experience with ML as long as you respect basic things like: Wait at least 4 seconds before removing SD/CF cards, and if anything goes wrong, quickly take the battery out. You should be relatively fine, correct? :)

Audionut