Series of fashion trailers for Machima (MarkIII/raw/Berlin)

Started by DanHaag, November 15, 2014, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanHaag

Hi ML friends,

finished my very first commercial work shot on Mark III & ML raw. Client was more than amazed by the quality as he was expecting the usual DSLR look. ;)

Took me a year to figure out how to get there without doing too much guess work on set or in post. Let me know if there are any questions about workflow or whatever else. Since this board and other websites helped me a lot to figure all this out for myself, I'm happy to help others now. There's more ML raw work in the pipeline right now, most of it looks even better since I keep progressing in terms of color grading. :)

All videos here were shot on 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF and EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM from Canon. I post processed & graded in DaVinci Resolve 11 with VisionColor ImpulZ LUTs, CineLOG 2.0 & Film Convert Pro 2.
I've used different variations of LUTs and corrections depending on the individual clips. Some for example worked very well with BMDFilm 4k to Rec.709 conversion via X-Rite Color Checker plus an ImpulZ Rec.709 LUT. For others I did a more complicated chain of LUTs with BMDFilm 4k to Cinelog 2.0, Film Convert & ImpulZ. I tried not to use the Camera raw tab too much,
but used it carefully for final touches (like retaining details in blacks/highlights) as well as white balance.

There's some more on my website and Vimeo channel.

I'm currently working on a short film with ML raw, there's a first teaser for that right here. This was graded with FilmConvert Pro 2 in Resolve 11 only. Shot on Mark III with 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF.

I've recently bought Dale Grahn's amazing Koji Color LUTs and since then changed my workflow to work with these. Hope I can share the results soon - they are way superior above everything else I've posted here. :)

One more time I wanna thank the Magic Lantern team for their outstanding work! Preparing a donation to you guys, as everyone and his dog who uses this for commercial purpose should!  ;)