more than 4Gb!!!???

Started by Director10, November 17, 2014, 09:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Director10

Hi everybody,

My Camera 5D M III, my problem when shooting any clip ML size 4Gb or more I can't convert to DNG by RAW2DNG.exe

I don't know, Do you have any salutation???

Thanks

walter_schulz

Some details would be fine.
Which version of RAW2DNG?
Where are you RAW files located? Local disc with NTFS?
Which OS are you using? 64 or 32 bit?
Error messages?

Director10

Both : Walter_Schulz

Q1. Which version of RAW2DNG?
A1. I don't know which version.
Q2. Where are you RAW files located? Local disc with NTFS?
A2. I think FAT not NTFS
Q3. Which OS are you using? 64 or 32 bit?
A.3 I am use windows 7 64 bit
Q4. Error messages?
A4. when I move RAW file to RAW2DNG open DOS windows and close direct only that without Error message.

Thank You...

walter_schulz

Quote from: Director10 on November 17, 2014, 11:19:25 AM
Both : Walter_Schulz

Q1. Which version of RAW2DNG?
A1. I don't know which version.

@a1ex and/or g3gg0: For some reason raw2dng.exe doesn't give any hints about it's version, date. That's rather inconvinient. Would be better to wrap it up into a zip. At least it will give a date then ...

Q2. Where are you RAW files located? Local disc with NTFS?
A2. I think FAT not NTFS
Press Windows key and e key together. Right click on the drive where raw2dng.exe is located. Open "Properties". Look for file system.

Q4. Error messages?
A4. when I move RAW file to RAW2DNG open DOS windows and close direct only that without Error message.

Record this with your cam and look for an error message.
Or copy your RAW into the directory where RAW2DNG.exe is located, open a command prompt there and type
raw2dng yourfilename.raw
and hit Enter key.

dmilligan

Are you missing some .R00, .R01, .R02, etc. files? You need to include these files for RAW2DNG to be able to convert your files (The RAW format uses a "footer" to store the info it needs to be able to properly convert the files, this is only at the end of the very last file, so if you are missing the last file or it is corrupted, it wont convert. The MLV format is a more robust format that alleviates potential issues like this by including metadata in every chunk file, and so I highly recommend using it instead).

ML automatically splits files when they reach 4GB b/c some filesystems don't support files larger than 4GB. Once 4GB is reached, ML will start writing into .R00, and so on and so forth.