Shooting raw MLV with Canon 6D

Started by jhasty, November 06, 2014, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhasty

Hello. New ML user here. I've successfully installed the newest version on my 6D. I've setup everything the way I've read how to. I'm setup to record rawMLV. I have a Juicedlink Riggy Micro 333 and shotgun going into the camera for audio. Upon recording, everything is fine. My meters are performing, everything is recording the way it should and it looks perfect. Then I take that footage into MLRawViewer and everything is zoomed in quite a bit. It's like it's cropped my entire image, every time. I exported the Prores file and wav and brought it into FCP 7 and it's still cropped. Additionally the audio is capturing correctly. It'll start off fine, then jump a minute ahead, while the video plays in real time. It'll do this multiple times throughout a clip. I just deleted and re installed ML and am having the same issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Josh

Levas

the live view stream on the 6d is about 1808x1216 pixels in size.
In the ML menu you can set the resolution you want to record in, for example 1600x900 or 1280x720.
When recording it takes a crop out of you're 1808x1216 live view in the size of the resolution you set, it never records full-screen.

But you can somewhere enable overlays, to black out the portions of you're live view to help you see exactly what you are filming.
Setting "global draw" option to "allow" in the raw video menu gives the overlay.

Yuppa

Kinda insulting to the entire ML community to have your FIRST post be:

"I've installed it (twice), I don't know how it's supposed to work, it's not working, help."

Imagine the FIRST poor bast--person to install this...staring at an empty forum...
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.