Sync'ed timelapse

Started by Tom C. Hall, November 04, 2014, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom C. Hall

I have two 60Ds that Id like to do sync'd timelapses with. If I let them both run they drift over time. Is there a way I can run the shutter port from one to another so one does the self intervolmeter and the 2nd just fires in step?

rpt

Curious to know why you want to do that. Are you shooting a stereo time lapse?

hectorfdz

I think for that is better to use the analog bulb cable and use Arduino to splitt / sync the shutter. I think it will be more easy and stable.

MvM

Hi, there are wireless remote controlle systems available, you could easily hack the hardware switch of one remote and either lead its cable to an arduino or a much simpler hardware timer/relais.  We did this sort of controler in the early nineties for singleframe capturing on the famous Sony VX 1000...

Hope this helps  Matthias

Canon 5d Mk3
web: www.mvmpictures.com

dmilligan

When you beep() it causes a detectable spike on the mic input, this means you could:
-Connect the mic inputs of both cameras together
-Have the "master" camera beep every time a picture is taken (you will probably have to modify ML to do this, but it should be an extremely easy modification).
-Use the "audio trigger" in the "slave" camera.

If you're in a quite environment then you wouldn't even need to connect the mic cable, just have one camera beep() and the other camera with the audio trigger.

garry23

Tom

Have you looked at Smart Shooter http://kuvacode.com.

I have used this as you can write scripts for it.

Might be worth a look at for your project.

Cheers

Garry