Can't see the menu any more - 5D MK3

Started by Linguo, November 02, 2014, 11:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linguo

Hey there,

i have the 5D MK3 with Nightly 2014 - 5D3 1.2.3. and as you can read in the subject, i cant see the menu any more or use any function in every necessary mode (M/AV/TV/P). If the camera starts i only see a black screen.
It is still possible to shot photos but i cant change the aperture, iso, wb or any other options and i dont get a review of the pictures.

I thought it would be a broken screen but i still can use the camera in the "A+ Mode". Here i am also able to switch to the menu but it is a very simple menu without the firmware option and many other points, i guess because it is a automatic mode.
I have changed the card with and without ML, took out the battery for a while but nothing works.

Is there a chance to reset the cameras firmware an uninstall ML without using the the SD/CF cards and the menue? I thought maybe i can reset the camera via USB. Is there any possibility? Please help me  :'(

thanks

Walter Schulz

Remove cards, remove battery. Insert battery. Startup cam.
Try to access Canon's menu and reset all settings. Including Fn.
Results?

Linguo

no results. tried this many times. even changes the lens.

Walter Schulz

Not sure if it will help (but it won't hurt):
Are you able to use EOS Utility and access the cam via USB? If possible run firmware upgrade from there and reinstall Canon's firmware 1.2.3.

Linguo

i've just installed EOS Utility, but i just a can use the camera he same way. Only the A+ Mode works. if i switch to M/AV/TV/P EOS Utility is suddenly "busy"

QuoteIf possible run firmware upgrade from there and reinstall Canon's firmware 1.2.3.

finally that was my question. Is it possible to reinstall via USB/ EOS Utility? i cant find that point.
If not, is there another Software i can use?

.... OK i found the firmware option in EOS Utility, but he's still busy if i click update

Linguo

update. things changed a bit.

I tried different versions on different cards an now the Black screen is gone.
I can start ML but even only in the A+ Mode. If i change to another its still not possible to go to the menu neither the ML-Menu.

EOS-Utility also doesn't help a lot so far :/

Is it possible to uninstall or reset ML via the ML-menu (btw i tried "config files>restore ML defaults" and some more)