Canon 7D Mark II

Started by Pelican, November 02, 2014, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

You have to explain your train of thought.
You are stating "I know that you couldn't pay someone to make a firmware." and asking about collecting money for this very purpose after. In my opinion that's a contradiction.

mothaibaphoto

@_OLLE_:
You miss the main point of the "kickstarter project": you should provide any proof you can complete it; any working prototype, or something like that :)

ddelreal

Man, every time I see this thread in the recent posts section my heart skips a beat and I sit up in my chair as I click the link to this thread with high hopes that somebody finally committed to porting and maintaining ML for the 7D2. I then start to read the posts and discover that nothing has changed and I sink back into my chair and my heart sinks as well. Dang. Come on somebody.

_OLLE_

@Walter Schluz

I mean something like explained here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6367

A person called @krashnik has pretty intresting thoughts!

Stedda

Yeah, krashnik had interesting thoughts, self serving interesting thoughts, and was told no by just about every developer and the people who started this journey...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

djordje.janjic29

Hello, I need a little help and technical support.
I recently bought a Canon 7D Mark II and generally I am satisfied, the beast from the camera but there is one small drawback when it comes to a focus group, which could be resolved with the next update.
Focus groups are in most cases only vertical but not horizontal, which means a lot when taking pictures of athletes on the podium, announcement of the winners or shooters who stand in a row, one behind the other, or when you take a picture of your friends in the audience who are sitting next to each other, then you would like one to two rows of horizontal focus points, sometimes three, so that only your friends can be in focus, but not a whole bunch of people who sit in four vertical rows.
To be clear I am sending you a picture on exactly what I mean.
I hope that good people from ML can do somthing abouth this?  :-\

Walter Schulz

There is no ML for 7D2. Nobody is working on it. And there is nobody in sight planning to work on it.

djordje.janjic29

I know that, but if somebody do a patch that will bring this possibility it would be great, not the entire ML.  :-\

Walter Schulz

Sorry, that's not how it works.
Contact Canon support.

djordje.janjic29

That's what I did. They told me that what I'm saying makes sense and they will take my suggestion to team that is responsible for the new firmware and that is possible that the new patch which will bring 4K video, will also bring this focus option. The problem is that they did not say when that will happen.  :-X

Walter Schulz

So Canon says they are working on it.
Here is no one working on it and not even planning to do so.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: djordje.janjic29 on February 18, 2016, 12:00:43 PM
That's what I did. They told me that what I'm saying makes sense and they will take my suggestion to team that is responsible for the new firmware and that is possible that the new patch which will bring 4K video, will also bring this focus option. The problem is that they did not say when that will happen.  :-X
They just kidding you:-)

djordje.janjic29

Yap, it can be. I'm getting' desperate about it. I just bought this camera and I can see that it does not meet my needs.  :'(

ddelreal

I think I would cry if Canon released a 4K firmware update. Come on Canon! Hurry up!

bouncyball

C'mon guys!

I was desperate user of 7D since 2009 and if not g3gg0's hack for dual digic I'd sell it right away long time ago despite nice photos I shot with it. Just 2 things keep me using my 5d3 - glass and ML (Thanx so much to devs and all the comunity here). Canon makes fun of users of XXXXD/XXXD/XXD series. Look at the ridiculous 80D innovations and then look at sony A6300 for 1K USD. It's a lot more advanced peace of hardware than even 1D series canons ever been or will be... ehh... It's aa... I just wanted to let the steam out... sorry ;)

bb

janjan

Hi,
Am I correct to assume there are no current plans and no current work for Magic lantern to 7D MK II?
I am considering purchasing the 7D MK II and ML is a crucial consideration for me.

Infraspace

Whenever we get our hopes up the devs tell us about there being no plans for a 7D2 ml. So im pretty sure theyre not planning on doing it any time soon. Youre better off buying a GH4 or an A6300

janjan

Meaning non Canon which would require replacing all my other gear as well - lenses and flashes - a VERY expensive choice.
I think I'll stick with my T3i for now.

Do you think there is any development taking place concerning support of Ml in new models or only nightly builds?

Thanks anyway,

Walter Schulz

Quote from: janjan on February 24, 2016, 04:06:17 PM
Do you think there is any development taking place concerning support of Ml in new models or only nightly builds?

This sentence doesn't make much sense.

And if there is no ML for your cam I suggest to act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.

janjan

I currently have the T3i which has ML support.
It adds so much more that I'll think twice before buying a new camera which has NO ML support.
Not all new canon models have ML support, hence my comment.

Walter Schulz

If there is no ML for a cam I suggest to act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.

Infraspace

If you are thinking video you could buy a speedbooster to continue using your canon glass. I didnt know ML gives any features for photography. I used to have ML on my old T3i and only used it for video.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Infraspace on February 24, 2016, 04:53:58 PM
I didnt know ML gives any features for photography.

Trap focus, intervalometer, auto expo, auto ETTR, HDR bracketing, Dual-ISO, auto AFMA, focus stacking, bulb, silent pic ...

janjan

I only use it for photography and it presents great improvements.

So the bottom line is that it will not be available for Canon 7D MK II, am I correct?