Canon 7D Mark II

Started by Pelican, November 02, 2014, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filmguy5

Dang,  I've had Magic Lantern on my T3i for years and love it.    I just purchased a 7dM2 and wanted to use some of the same amazing tools.   Amongst other things, I love that I have expanded aperture ranges and that I can access all of my exposure settings in one place.    Soooo....  Looks like this is going to take awhile... If ever.   I'm disappointed as using the Magic Lantern Tools actually factored into why I continue to buy and use Canon Camera's. 

dienossa

Quote from: filmguy5 on September 25, 2015, 06:12:43 PM
Dang,  I've had Magic Lantern on my T3i for years and love it.    I just purchased a 7dM2 and wanted to use some of the same amazing tools.   Amongst other things, I love that I have expanded aperture ranges and that I can access all of my exposure settings in one place.    Soooo....  Looks like this is going to take awhile... If ever.   I'm disappointed as using the Magic Lantern Tools actually factored into why I continue to buy and use Canon Camera's. 

Exactly my same story.. I wish I had done better research before  :'(

DigitalVeil

Looks like it will take a while? More like it looks like it'll never happen at all.
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

DeafEyeJedi

Or scoop up a solid used 7D for $300-$500 while you're at it...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Infraspace

Is it possible to get a word from the developers if this is even something that is on their mind at all?... I am starting to consider getting myself a GH4 as the 7D2 ML possibilities are looking kind of dark... Chose a 7D2 over a GH4 with ML in mind.

Walter Schulz

I'm not a developer but if there is no port for your cam I suggest acting like there will be no port ever.

menoc

This is going to be like the 7D. It was a loooong time before it got ML.

menoc

Right now, it seems to me that ML is putting all it's efforts in developing for Apertus. You can sort of tell because of little news coming from ML in the longest I can remember . . . or they could be holding out for maximum shock and awe...

hesham007

SO... Waiting or convert to A7sii :/ 14bit uncompressed raw pictures 5 axis stabilizer.... internal 4K recording..and S-Log3..
. Im dying here  :'(
Body: 7DMKII-600D.. +Glass: 50mm f/1.2 - 18-135mm stm

a1ex

Quote from: Infraspace on October 27, 2015, 03:16:34 PM
Is it possible to get a word from the developers if this is even something that is on their mind at all?

I'm not tempted to get a 7D2 myself, but I'll continue to experiment with it in QEMU, and I'll also try to print Hello World. This is a low-priority task for me, so I can't promise anything.

My available time dropped a lot lately, and it's not because of Apertus. The proof is left as an exercise to the reader (hint: Apertus is open source). I actually hope that, once (if) I'll start working with them, I'll get more time for ML as well.

kaptainkatsu

I have a 70D and bought a 7DM2 as my primary sports body and I would be very interested in magic lantern for the 7DM2. But considering I already have a 70D to use as my video rig/second body, it wouldn't be a priority.

Devs, keep doing what you are doing.

Everyone else, be patient.
70D.111A, 7D Mark II

hesham007

Body: 7DMKII-600D.. +Glass: 50mm f/1.2 - 18-135mm stm

DigitalVeil

Quote from: hesham007 on November 26, 2015, 08:35:09 PM
Anything ! :-\

Don't hold your breath, if it ever gets ML (and thats a big IF) it wont be for quite a long time.  I don't think anybody is even working on it at all right now, save for maybe Alex spending a little time in QEMU here and there. An ML 7D2 would likely be the best ML cam since the ML 5D3, probably even better, so of course there is incentive.  But ML development isn't what it used to be, it's more about maintaining the cameras that already have it at this point.

By the time ML is ported to the 7D2 the camera will likely be a whole lot cheaper, at which point it will be a great cam to get.
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

KelvinK

After getting used what is ML RAW, there's no real point to use any Canon cameras without it. At least for video it's 100%
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Infraspace

How many 7D2 users are in here? If we can prove that we are many enough maybe that will help.

KelvinK

6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Infraspace on December 16, 2015, 08:42:59 AM
How many 7D2 users are in here? If we can prove that we are many enough maybe that will help.

Nope. Just demanding support will not help finding a maintainer.

Rich-Simmo

I own the original 7D and now have the 7D2. Initially, I was happily shooting MLV on the 7D, then, it stopped recognizing the 64GB 1000x Komputerbay cards I bought :( So, if anyone has any ideas how to fix that, please do let me know. Ultimately, I hope that there is ML for the 7D2. That might keep me from selling it to buy a Sony A7R2 next year some time ;)

Walter Schulz

Ask 7D related question in 7D thread or open a new thread in "General Help Q&A".

kaptainkatsu

I am about to sell my 70D and get a second 7D Mark II due to the fact I need a faster camera for sports. After the second week of January I won't really need a second body for a few months so I would be willing to loan my second 7Dm2. But if a few people are willing to pool a bunch of money to buy a developer a body, I would throw down $100-200 to do so.
70D.111A, 7D Mark II

budafilms

This is not a place to sell cameras. It's a thread with important information for us.

arrinkiiii

Maybe some one can move this post to there one place.

I think is a good deal, if some one want to port ML to the 7D II =)

Infraspace

Quote from: budafilms on December 21, 2015, 02:54:06 AM
This is not a place to sell cameras. It's a thread with important information for us.

Pretty sure hes not trying to sell us his camera. All he said is that he could loan them his camera or us 7D2 users could buy a new 7D2 for the devs.

kaptainkatsu

No I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm willing to loan my second 7d2 for a few months. Or I think what would be a better long term solution is to pool money and buy a permanent development body
70D.111A, 7D Mark II