Canon 7D Mark II

Started by Pelican, November 02, 2014, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

Quote from: Pelican on May 16, 2015, 07:27:07 PM
Another interesting strings: hundreds of COCOA functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa_(API)

it seems to be used in movie functions only.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

c4v3man

Chipped in another $40. Traded my 70D for the 7D MK2 before I was able to familiarize myself with ML. Would love to put this fast CompactFlash interface to good use since the 70D will never do 1080P raw... Especially since the 7D MK2 lacks the 70D's 1:1 2.9x crop video mode that was so handy for extra reach...

Infraspace

Just placed my order on a 7D2! Cant wait to test it out.

DomeCGI

Awesome news! please keep this way!  Big Thx  to g3gg0 and A1ex! and i go to place some money on it right now!

foobarbarian

Hi,

could I please get access to the firmware?

Infraspace

You download the firmware from Canons webpage, if you are talking about the 1.0.4 update that is

Infraspace

When getting my 7D2 (Hopefully today) I will use my CF card in it. And my SD card will switch between my 600D and 7D2. I have ML on my 600D. Is it safe to have a 600D ML file on a SD card and use said card in my 7D2?

Walter Schulz

I recommend not switching cards between different camera types.

foobarbarian

I'm talking about the decrypted firmware from those images.

Infraspace

A friend of mine said it would be fine and that the 7D2 wont read the ML file. But i wanted to ask here if i can do it. Even though it may not be recommended, can i do it? Hahahaha.

I think they just opened the firmware in some sort of program to read the code. I have no idea tho

eborg

Hi Infraspace. I use ML on my 600D and swap SDs with my 7DMK2. I get no issues whatsoever.. of course ML wouldn't automatically load on the 7DMK2 (Yet) as it would need the bootflags / firmware to be altered like the first install on the 600D

Infraspace

Quote from: eborg on May 23, 2015, 09:06:31 PM
Hi Infraspace. I use ML on my 600D and swap SDs with my 7DMK2. I get no issues whatsoever.. of course ML wouldn't automatically load on the 7DMK2 (Yet) as it would need the bootflags / firmware to be altered like the first install on the 600D

Ive been doing the same the last two days and it is fine

DomeCGI

Any news?  can't wait to use Raw on 7d MKII

nikfreak

Let's be realistic. The news you are expecting isn't going to be announced in the near future. I would say it could happen in 2016 - maybe earlier if one of the core devs picks one up and spends some hundreds or even thousands hours of work into it (QEMU boot may be easier to get working though) ...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

pedwid

guys, im about to make the choice between the 5d mk3 and the 7d mark 2, and the only thing preventing me from going with the 7d mark 2 is the compression rate on its video. Does anyone know what the compression bitrate is on 1080 or the 7d mark 2? thanks

rpt

Pedwin, may be join the forum on canonrumours.com.

foobarbarian

Is anyone working on the 7dII right now? If so, how to best coordinate so there isn't too much duplicate work being done?

canonballz

Would using an external video recorder, like a atomas ninja, on a canon 7d Mark II improve video quality close to RAW? Would it be a must have for serious video work since ML is not out yet?

Felipe

650D-700D

KelvinK

Awesome if it will ever happen MLRAW on 7D2, I will instant buy the body as probably many others. ML boosting canon's sales :P
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

KelvinK

Quote from: canonballz on June 03, 2015, 04:41:24 AM
Would using an external video recorder, like a atomas ninja, on a canon 7d Mark II improve video quality close to RAW? Would it be a must have for serious video work since ML is not out yet?

No it wont be close to RAW quality. You can find comparison between 5d3 via ninja and raw on youtube. Also you will never get same freedom for grading as you're getting with RAW footage.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

foobarbarian

From what I saw the USB3 port is implemented via an FPGA. If that is true someone with a lot of time on their hands might be able to do something fancy with the world connected FPGA

canonballz

So would you say getting an external video recorder isn't worth it for the 7DMII if you wanted to improve video quality with pro res.

KelvinK

Quote from: canonballz on June 04, 2015, 04:14:26 PM
So would you say getting an external video recorder isn't worth it for the 7DMII if you wanted to improve video quality with pro res.

Read again what i said.
Clear HDMI will improve quality over the regular in-cam footage. It's obvious.
But it will be not close to uncompressed RAW if you could get ML running on 7D2.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

GregjV

Commenting to stay up to date. Expecting my7d2 this week, love ML in my 600d and 650d.