5DMK III ML raw vs. UHD MP4 from the new Panasonic LX-100 !

Started by SteveScout, November 01, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveScout

If you´re thinking about getting the brand new pocket-able LX-100 from Panasonic for all occasions where you can´t (or don´t want to) carry a big DSLR - and if you´re not sure if those scenes will intercut nicely with your regular raw footage: Take a look, I´ve tested it!

http://hackermovies.com/panasonic-lx-100-vs-5d-mk-iii-english

Enjoy reading and watching the videos!

Levas

Does look very good, for a compact camera  :o
Does it have manual control in video mode (shutter time/Aperture/ISO all manual ?)

SteveScout

Yes,it does. All manual, partly manual or full auto. And even different Aspekt ratios for video.  Tested the HD Mode yesterday as well- mushy as Canon DSLR H.264, so 4K is the only really quality usable Video Mode on the Cam.

nikki

KurtAugust

Color (skin tones) is a lot less on the lx100. Sharpness very pleasing. Work flow so much quicker than raw. Great little and little camera for the money. I don't go above 800 iso for the noise. The look is a lot more baked in than the raw 5d.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

dude

If you try to compare raw to h264, you did not understand what raw is...

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: dude on April 24, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
If you try to compare raw to h264, you did not understand what raw is...

Agreed!

@SteveScout:

No offense intended but this is a complete nonsense comparisons... unfortunately!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

KurtAugust

Or assume that I do have an understanding about both raw and h264 and that I'm actually trying to be constructive. Or are you saying nobody ever compared the regular 5d mov's to raw before? :-) Same thing.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog