Trans-Siberian Odyssey - 8000km in 3weeks for a 3min RAW edit ! (6D)

Started by xenhook, October 26, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenhook

Hi fellas,

This forum was very useful to me to grab some useful info in the past month, well let's deliver the result of my last work here !
I travelled from moscow to beijing with my 6d and all my video gear. I got the latest nighty build, and was able to film up to 10-12seconds for each take in 1792x736 30fps.

Simple workflow for my 500Gb rush then : Raw2dng > Da Vinci Resolve for creating h264 proxies > edited in premiere > Colorgraded in resolve > vfxed in premiere and after effects > final render

Hope you'll like it !

MrTodd

Excellent work sir.

Super feel, shots, editing and grading.

One that needs to revisited as there was so much going on visually.

Keep it up.

Russell
Some Canon stuff and some other stuff too. You can't polish a turd but shit does wipe off.

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

xenhook

rainless

This was extremely beautiful and a superb, top-notch job editing.

I couldn't help but notice some soft focus in some scenes... I'm starting to think that it's just something that happens with the 6D because of only having that one... center-weighted cross-type focus point. So a lot of your static subjects look great, but anything that moves even slightly (like people's heads) is a little soft in focus. I've spent the whole week shooting 4k on the GH4 and A7S... so the difference with the 6D is quite shocking now.

That said a guy online was selling his 6D with a 24-105 lens and I'm really ALL OVER that if he gets back to me.

I really hope Canon does something drastic with it's next generation of cameras though. A 6D mk ii with 50 cross-type focus points or a 5D mk IV with 4k non-external is just the shot in the arm that Canon needs...
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

metrica

Quote from: rainless on October 28, 2014, 09:11:40 PM
This was extremely beautiful and a superb, top-notch job editing.

I couldn't help but notice some soft focus in some scenes... I'm starting to think that it's just something that happens with the 6D because of only having that one... center-weighted cross-type focus point. So a lot of your static subjects look great, but anything that moves even slightly (like people's heads) is a little soft in focus. I've spent the whole week shooting 4k on the GH4 and A7S... so the difference with the 6D is quite shocking now.

That said a guy online was selling his 6D with a 24-105 lens and I'm really ALL OVER that if he gets back to me.

I really hope Canon does something drastic with it's next generation of cameras though. A 6D mk ii with 50 cross-type focus points or a 5D mk IV with 4k non-external is just the shot in the arm that Canon needs...

I'm really interested in your opinions over GH4 vs a7s since you have used both. I'm struggling over these two. Thanks!

david rixheim

wow it's just fantastique :)

i have a question : how do make the effect of transition beetwen the horse statut at 0:32 ?

sous after effect ?

très beau boulot encore une fois

David, alsace