Cropmark feature requests

Started by ChadMuffin, October 25, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadMuffin

When working with the cropmarks in ML, you can only see 8 characters of the name of the cropmark, minus the 4 characters of .bmp. Would there be a way to not include the file type in the name or include longer name fully displayed, maybe have it roll across the screen when highlighted? As well as being able to include more than 9 readable cropmarks?

a1ex

More than 9 is very easy to do.

Long file names only work on certain cameras/filesystems, and I don't know how to read them from FIO_FindFirst/FindNext.

ChadMuffin

Keeping the names to 8 characters can be worked around, just need a clever naming convention for them. Including more than 9 cropmarks would be great though. I think it would be best to just have all of the different variations available all the time since you couldn't forget to put any on your card before shooting. However, it might add a MB or two if people are worried about the size. Doubtful, due to raw space requirements. If it is an easy change, it could be a good addition for all of the cropmarks I have been making these past few days.

KMikhail

Hello there!

I decided to post it in this thread due to its name, even if it is not exactly the same.

Is this possible to make cropmarks file (like the ones included already) on the fly every time we change resolution for crop mode? So in a full LV view we could see precise framing (black/red overlay)? That would be insanely helpful, given auto refresh/reread from this file every time LV is started and actual shift of captured part of the buffer taken into account. Currently I am contemplating about my own one, for a specific set of resolutions, but this whole shift of window thing can render it useless.

I just discovered superiority of crop mode vs. full frame mode in certain cases, but this misalignment and lack of cropmarks makes it unnecessary complicated.

Thanks!