The Baltic Beach // Canon 6D+VAF RAW

Started by jackmoro, October 25, 2014, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

http://vimeo.com/110016243

Everything was shot handheld. Kamerar QV-1 as a stabilizer.
Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
Graded in Davinci Resolve Lite + story and final curves in Sony Vegas

Thanx for watching.

rainless

Nothing in this video is "sharp".

What lens were you using?

It's very... very strange. It seems like in every scene... there was just absolutely nothing sharp. It almost makes me wonder if you softened the clarity in post or something?
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

jackmoro

Well :)

You probably watched it only here with HD set to off (so it's soft SD quality). Go to vimeo and click HD. Only plus members can embed their videos with HD on.
Thanx for your comment.

nikki

jackmoro

KelvinK

skin tones are very good, agree.
really relaxing video and it's sharp
vaf really makes 6d more or less as film camera, i'm considering to try it. wide panoramic shots looks so cool in yours, i don't even dare to shot so wide, aliasing become so visible
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

KelvinK

don't agree with new cams statemnet, you can get decent skin tones with a7s as well
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

nikki

can you post some links for a7s skin tone footage?

KelvinK

there're some on vime, i will link soon
don't have my own, mostly cityscapes
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

jackmoro

Thanx and HNY!
Was it sharp in HD enough on your monitor? :)

beanz

Very good, Surprised the music was Arcade Fire. The Baltic would be proud.

DJHaze596

Quote from: jackmoro on January 02, 2015, 11:56:34 AM
Thanx and HNY!
Was it sharp in HD enough on your monitor? :)

He converted it to 720p to fit Vimeo's filesize limit.  He has some great videos and i don't understand why people use Vimeo over YouTube.  Yes YouTube compresses the video but so does Vimeo! Alteast with YouTube you will still have native 1080p Resolution,  Plus you can earn money from you're work.  It's a No brainier.

jackmoro

Quote from: beanz on January 14, 2015, 07:07:01 PM
Very good, Surprised the music was Arcade Fire. The Baltic would be proud.

Thanx. Why Baltic should be proud? :)

beanz