Installation problems

Started by Zute, October 22, 2014, 01:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zute

Hi,

I am probably doing something wrong but please help me.

Following the installation guidelines to install on my 5dmk 2. I have the latest firmware 2.1.2 and a full battery.

I copy the 5d2-212.fr and the auto exec.bin to the root folder on my card and run the firmware update process.

I get the following messages - Fonts.dat not found - followed by - Bootdisk flag is disabled -

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Walter Schulz

Maybe you should follow the installation procedure as described. Esp.: Copy ALL extracted content to card.

Zute

maipenrai

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my 60D in the installation process.
I updated its firmware to 1.1.1.   And downloaded and developed ML v2.3.
Then copied the 60D-111.fir and autoexec.bin to the root folder on my SDHC card.
But nothing happened to my camera.
Probably that's because I did not copy All extracted contents to card.

The ML folder ,which is developed together with the above-mentioned files, contains three folders such as cropmks, data, and doc.   
Do I need to copy all those contents in the form of folders, or in the form of files?

Maybe I'm bit too cautious, but I wanna avoid causing trouble to my camera.
(Sorry, but I'm a non-native of English, so if my expression is vague, please point it out.)

Thanks, 

Walter Schulz

Which part of "Copy ALL extracted content to card" is beyond your comprehension?

maipenrai

My questions are:

(1)   Do I need to copy "ML" folder just as it is to my SDHC card?
Or need to copy each file in the cropmks, data, and doc folders, after taking each file out of those folders?

(2)   Am I right in understanding that I don't need to copy "***.fir" files such as "500D-111.fir", except for "60D-111.fir" ?

I'd appreciate any answers.

Walter Schulz

Copy ALL extracted content to card!
Just do it!

Walter Schulz

And don't do things *not* mentioned in the installation instructions!

Like: Yeah, they put a folder structure there for no reason ...