ML killed my Canon 5D Mark III ??

Started by mercurio, October 22, 2014, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mercurio

I tried to turn on and nothing happens, I waited 5 minutes and tried again and the camera is turned on, I took some pictures, everything looks ok, then I turn it off, and after a few minutes I tried again to turn on but does not turn on more;

now will not turn on from several hours

any suggestions on what to do?

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card. Start without card.
Results?

Are you able to exclude this error is caused by a dead battery?

mercurio

I tried Remove battery, remove card. Start without card. but nothing happens

tried different battery, but nothing

Walter Schulz

mercurio

a1ex

If there's no sign of life (not even a LED blink), there's nothing I can do, and it's likely a hardware problem.

Double-check the card and battery doors.

mercurio

yes, no sign of life (not even a LED blink)

should I try these before sending to repair? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2221.0

Walter Schulz

Insert card and shut compartment: LED activated? If not: See a1ex' comment.

mercurio

Walter Schulz

Then there is no use to change card's content. The card is not even accessed.

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Mehmet Kozal

Same behavior happened to me on my 650D 3 days ago even I use ML since last 4 months. I was pretty sure that the camera was gone, because there wasn't even one tiny signal from camera.

After a few minutes of panicking, I used a ML free SD card and camera worked. Then I formatted everything, removed the boot-flag then I managed to use ML again like nothing has happened.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.

Psyrco

russellsnr

Hi, I don't see it mentioned above but have you tried using a new or differant card with or without ML installed?
There could be a problem with the card contacts.

Walter Schulz

If the card has problems the cam should just start with card removed. It doesn't.

russellsnr

OK, so before sending to repair remember to remove the card with ML installed!!

Andrzej

Hi mercurio,
remember what build was yours ML?
And have you been using RAW module?
Canon 5dm3, 550d, Canon 24-105mm 4.0 IS, Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 20mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm 4.0-5.6, Samyang 14mm 2.8, Falcon 85mm 1.4, Zeiss 180mm 2.8 and more...

andy kh

Quote from: Mehmet Kozal on October 22, 2014, 02:53:10 PM
Same behavior happened to me on my 650D 3 days ago even I use ML since last 4 months. I was pretty sure that the camera was gone, because there wasn't even one tiny signal from camera.

After a few minutes of panicking, I used a ML free SD card and camera worked. Then I formatted everything, removed the boot-flag then I managed to use ML again like nothing has happened.

same thing happened with my 650D few days back 
5D Mark III - 70D

GutterPump

Just charge your battery. Wait 15 min of charge and start your 5d without memory card.

Yuppa

"I tried to turn on and nothing happens...waited 5 minutes...and the camera is turned on...everything looks ok...I turn it off...I tried again to turn on but does not turn..."

My two cents: faulty on/off switch.

P.S. I'm a certified pretend Canon technician--full disclosure.
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

mercurio

I took the camera to the Canon repair center and i payed 200€ for the sostitution of the    pcb assy dc/dc