Photoshop droplet workflow to process DNGs anyone?

Started by PeterR, October 16, 2014, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

I don't mind davinci resolve's processing of the DNGs, but there are certain things that adobe raw just does better, including but not limited to noise reduction (I only have the lite version of davinci) and finer control over highlites, curves, grain, etc.

Now I can't figure out a way to batch process in ACR so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience using an action droplet created in photoshop to apply universal changes to their DNGs? And what are the pros/cons of this approach?

My current workflow using Davinci:
1) Process MLVs using MLVmystic. This creates folders with the DNGs for each clip.
2) Davinci project, apply rec709 and gamma 2.4 and highlite recovery. Minor edits to gains and lifts. Export individual clips at full res.
3) Premiere pro project. Import footage and cut video. Grade in premiere pro. Export final.

What I'd prefer to do:
1) Process MLVs using MLVmystic.
2) Process all the folders with the DNGs in ACR or photoshop. (this is where I'm stuck... not sure how to process all the folders collectively
3) Premiere Pro.

Also, does someone know how to batch process DNGs in ACR? I know how to open one sequence in ACR from Bridge, but it won't let me open multiple DNG folders in ACR. Ideas?
GH4 + 5D2 w magic lantern. Davinci Resolve>Premiere Pro>Davinci Resolve workflow