Need help compiling cr2hdr on linux

Started by dark-shadow, October 08, 2014, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dark-shadow

Hi,

I utterly fail to compile the magic lantern tools cr2hdr on linux. Well, actually compiling works but the resulting executable seems unable to detect the raw image files correctly.

Thinks I've done so far (this is a gentoo linux system):

1) hg clone -r unified https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern
2) Downloaded gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-2013q3-20130916-linux.tar.bz2, unpacked and configured Makefile.user.default to use the gcc path.
3) Compiled magic lantern nightly build. make reports everything's ok.
4) Compiled modules/dual_iso/cr2hdr by running make in that directory, moved executable to /usr/local/bin
5) Compiled modules/raw_rec/raw2dng by running make in that directory, moved executable to /usr/local/bin (not sure if this executable is actually needed)

But now when I try to run cr2hdr on a cr2 file, I get this:

cr2hdr IMG_4985.CR2
cr2hdr: a post processing tool for Dual ISO images

Last update: f381b87 on 2014-07-06 09:46:41 UTC by phil:
Fix output (-o) filename value passed to Adobe DNG Converter wh...

Active options:
--amaze-edge    : use a temporary demosaic step (AMaZE) followed by edge-directed interpolation (default)
--cs2x2         : apply 2x2 chroma smoothing in noisy and aliased areas (default)

Input file      : IMG_4985.CR2
Camera          : Canon EOS 550D
Full size       : 0 x 0
Active area     : 0 x 0
Error: pgm width

I've also tried - as an ugly workaround - to run the windows version in wine (downloaded elsewhere), but even that did not work; It detected the image size correctly, started working but later bailed out on some perl module error.

Please help!

nachordez

It's a locale problem (for sure you're not in English in your linux box). It's explained in another thread (I suffered this also first time) easy to solve. I'm not at home, and searching by Tapatalk is mad... But try to search, and if not, I'll do when arriving home
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

jpaana

It uses dcraw and exiftool utilities from the system, so those need to be installed as well.

dark-shadow

Quote from: nachordez on October 08, 2014, 10:45:06 PM
It's a locale problem (for sure you're not in English in your linux box). It's explained in another thread (I suffered this also first time) easy to solve. I'm not at home, and searching by Tapatalk is mad... But try to search, and if not, I'll do when arriving home

Thank you for that hint! I did not find anything using search, but simply tried

LC_ALL=C cr2hdr <image.cr2>

and now it worked! Rather easy if you know what's the problem...

Now I'll have to find out how to best handle the resulting files; RawTherapee seems to open it nicely.