VIDEO RAW SAMPLE - Gap problem - Glitchy RAW MLV video - 600d - NEED PRO COMMENT

Started by Ixiodor, October 10, 2014, 11:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixiodor

Dear Friends

Can some one do the same TEST for me to undestand the problem using 600d and other 7d, 550d, 6d, 5d?

I have 600D and filming 1728x724 (2.39:1) - with 1 FPS.
Global Draw - Off
Show buffer graph - ON
Buffer fill method - 0

2 mb\s -bitrate
Idle -89-92% All the time recording.

Camera is standing still. The picture in the monitor was moving.

HERE IS THE SOURCE VIDEO THAT I FILMING

HERE IS THE RESULT RAW SEQUENCE - 1 fps RAW sequence at 23.97 fps

Have some one the same problem?

So as you notice every 3-4-th frame are missing!
Is it must be so?
Do you know about this issue?

It caused by buffer size of camera or other problems?

THANKS A LOT! Waiting for you comments!

Levas

Maybe because you use aspect ratio of 2.39:1 and you're camera live view displays 16:9
Depending on your global draw settings you have a black border around you're frame so you can see the exact window you're filming.
But maybe you turned off some stuff to increase speed, and now you're display shows the whole 16:9 live view area.
If you're filming in 1728 x 724 resolution, it's never the whole area on you're display.

Misunderstood your question

You mean there are frames missing ?

Ixiodor

Yes. Can you see this on the second video?
On the screen it is look like every 3-d or 4-th frame is missing. In result the video is rising the speed on 3-4-th frame and then slowing down again.

I will show you a simple example.
'1','2','3','4' - is our frames
'-' is our gap between the first frame and the second farme

So the normal sequence is like 1-2-3-4-5-6...

But Canon 600D Raw sequence is look like this

1-2-3--4-5-6--7-8-9--

You can see this on this video. The speed of the picture plane is CONSTANT and the camera is on the tripod - 1 FPS. The les the FPS the MORE THE GAP.
Speed 10%

And without goust effect
Speed 10%

I hope you understand!

On any kind of video its looks weird and noticeble at 24 fps.
I would like to know the real reason! The Canon buffer? Or it could be fixed by soft?

Thanks for your attention!

dmilligan

Probably has something to do with the way FPS override works, and the fact that it was never intended by Canon to be used like this.

Why don't you try silent pics with the intervalometer? It's basically the same thing. Some changes to the silent pics module I made let you record the sequence in an MLV file and process as you would a raw video (see: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12733.0)

Ixiodor

Thanks dmilligan

There is no such problem in .MOV, native files, no such GAP. Only in RAW.
I think the problem could be in the internal clock\frequency, and the buffer issues.

I will try SILENT module, and post here the result. But yet I cant find the SILENT PICTURE BUILD)

dmilligan

You do not need a special build. Silent pictures have been in the nightly build for a long time (silent.mo)

Ixiodor

Dear dmilligan

I install this but, ML wright that I have an "OldApi" (v5.0 expecter v6.0) I think I must to find the latest "silent.mo"?

Thank you!

dmilligan

That error means you need a newer build not a newer module (the module version is 6.0, the ML core version is 5.0).

You can just use the silent.mo that comes with the nightly builds (it won't have the MLV stuff, though). If you want to try the new stuff with the fullres silent pics, you will have to compile yourself or wait for it to be merged.