50d dead (hardware issue), anyone have one to do some measurements?

Started by kitor, October 08, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitor

I got 50d, died by unknown cause, but the result is known - fried (literally, when you connect only battery it gets hot in a second) DC-DC board. I found that this board is exactly the same as in 40d (only soldermask is bit different, all elements are the same), and got this part from someone with parts (from also not turning on) 40d.
It has also damaged CF slot (someone removed a few pins before me) - that is possible cause of damage and most probably I just need also to replace main board.
This DC-DC board seems to work, at least partially - i replaced faulty one in camera, got 3,3v near the place where voltage enters mainboard, but nothing more and camera is still dead. But 3,3v only may be normal situation when camera is turned off, so it can be faulty board, etc - that's where I need some help.

I'm looking for someone who can measure voltages on camera turned off (with battery inside) and turned on. They are traces on the easy accessible side of board, marked in pink circle on this photo:

(photo taken from http://www.orionsword.net/Astronomy/Equipment/Pages/Canon40DMod.html)

40d and 50d boards are almost identical there.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.