MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Thanks for noticing. I updated MLP in the first post. Also a google search "enfuse 4.0 mac" will get you there(first post). Get back if you encounter any other problems.

bassrebel

Quote from: Danne on July 14, 2016, 07:32:21 AM
Thanks for noticing. I updated MLP in the first post. Also a google search "enfuse 4.0 mac" will get you there(first post). Get back if you encounter any other problems.

Thanks D, that worked!

Now to see how the hell do I work with all of this! LOL

Thanks for taking the time and making this!!!

Danne

Testing, testing :). You could always put up questions and work in progress here. Personally I found HDR tblend workflow useful and fast and it don,t even uses enfuse. Page 7 in the user_guide. This works best with 50 or 60 fps and when in 720p mode 5D mark III holds up the picture better than other cameras.

DeafEyeJedi

Is the HDR tblend workflow best use for H.264 or RAW?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

As long as you maximize frames from 48 fps and upwards I,d say go for tblend filter. In other cases enfuse workflow with align function on(default) both h264 and raw/mlv.

TK2290

I must say when first downloaded MLP and realized there was no .dmg file located in it, I was instantly turned off and terrified; however, @DeafEyeJedi talked me into all the magical wonders this application bring to ML. He stayed up with me last night and walked me through the whole installation process for MLP via text message. @Danne, this man is working overtime to promote your product and get people to use it, I don't know him personally but I really appreciated that. MLP is "GOD DAMN AWESOME" I'm super new to it but I see myself marrying it, trust me, if you are new to this program, it is worth every bit of the installation process, do not be afraid of it, it is magical. I LOVE IT! Thank you very much @Danne and the whole team for giving me this, I have a 550D and now the footage look so much better. THANK YOU. I will be posting to my video soon.

bobbyshots2

Hey,
I think i maybe missing something im trying my hand at hdr. When i try to process giving this setup i dont get a final mov file. I get a prompt to delete or keep tif files. i hit delete. I see the process going create the tiffs. Then there is no move file after the process is finished. Am i mission something in my a_lut_hold or enfuse? I do believe enfuse is installed.
any help will do. thanks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c70gkem8slwzso5/Capture.JPG?dl=0

Danne

Sent you a PM. The install script should say if you have enfuse installed or not.

Danne

Great TK... that you got MLP working and thanks deafeyejedi.

Danne

@Bobbyshots2 enfuse problem been solved with teamviewer seesion. Enfuse binary needed chmod u=rwx permissions and after this it went smoothly. Good luck with the footage.

DeafEyeJedi

Do you know if the enfuse issue reported by @Bobbyshots2 was only affecting with his Mac or do I need to update MLP (which I don't think) as I've been sorting out best workflows when it comes to quantity vs quality especially with quick turn arounds.

I could definitely use some good luck charms from you, @Danne!

If my partner instincts to stick with 30p @ 1080p to better match with his drone shots -- then I'll have to use enfuse rather than tblend mode but it's just seems like a looooooong time for it to spit out HDR converted files. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danne

The problem was with permission of that specific binary. Keeping framerate HDR workflow should be tested more. There are some interpolation steps due to enfuse causing flickery edges otherwise. This itself could maybe be problematic with lots of movement for instance.

DeafEyeJedi

Some 30p HDR (ISO 100/1600) testing in H.264. Rendered with tblend average. Applied with varieties of cubes in A_lut_hold folder.

https://vimeo.com/176006431

Also in regards to MLV RAW HDR ... I may have also encountered that same so called enfuse bug reported by @bobbyshots2 from earlier.

Here are the screenshots of the empty .mov file...

Thanks, Danne!

Danne

Thats a good lighting example for HDR.  Could you pm me it for testing?
What are your aim here. The files in A_lut_hold is for raw/mlv workflow?
Tblend will never be good with footage below 48 fps right now. I suggest you try with HDR_enfuse_settings.txt file and the keep_correct_fps.txt file. And skip the luts as well. When footage is aligned you probably won,t see any ghosting.
Also check if you have enfuse installed.

ciriuss925

Appreciate all the work you guys have done for Magic Lantern - really love the DualISO and the new MLP workflow (new to me, that is) !

Just installed MLP and the newest ML beta for 70D two hours ago - and happy to share no glitches so far!

Danne

Great! Good that your 70D is working. There has been many reports of 70D dng files which won,t open in acr but that doesn,t seem to be a problem in your case.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on July 24, 2016, 11:51:45 AM
Thats a good lighting example for HDR.  Could you pm me it for testing?

Done. Check your PM. Includes both H.264 files (not sure if you still want the RAW files?) but let me know either way. However, I didn't think these were good HDR files (or at least I thought so) especially with the first take (MVI_7210) due to the shutter effects from panning too fast across the room and felt that it looked slightly better in the 2nd take (MVI_7211) in which you can tell the differences between these two. This was all shot in 30p so the shutter was set at 1/60 respectively.

Quote from: Danne on July 24, 2016, 11:51:45 AM
What are your aim here. The files in A_lut_hold is for raw/mlv workflow?
Tblend will never be good with footage below 48 fps right now. I suggest you try with HDR_enfuse_settings.txt file and the keep_correct_fps.txt file. And skip the luts as well. When footage is aligned you probably won,t see any ghosting.
Also check if you have enfuse installed.

I was only referring this workflow aiming at the RAW files as I wasn't aware that it only needed the HDR_enfuse_settings.txt (and not the enfuse_straight_from_DNG_settings.txt) but I guess I also needed to give enfuse permissions via Terminal. Perhaps I'll try this again and report back my findings. Thanks again D!

Danne

If you follow the userguide you have a good chance of getting things right. Otherwise it,s a lottery ;).

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on July 25, 2016, 06:28:05 PM
If you follow the userguide you have a good chance of getting things right. Otherwise it,s a lottery ;).

Haha ... After reading the user guide thoroughly again and learned that it was either one or the other. Can't be used together.

Thanks for also pointing me out to the missed tip on the FFmpeg update as my MBP is currently singing while rendering MLP!

Sounds so sexy actually...

Danne

Great solving. If I get the time I might put in a little crying sign if there,s an older ffmpeg version installed in MLP :)

thusboy

i have installed the MLP on my Mac Pro , OS X 10.11 ,and the raw video transformation is good,but when i use MLP to handle dual iso cr2 images,it ibreaks and no response.

the command line tips:

r
rm: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_matrix: No such file or directory
ls: *.MLV: No such file or directory
ls: *.RAW: No such file or directory
/Users/DavidLee/Library/Services/MLP.workflow/Contents/mlv_rawb.command: line 23: cd: nohup: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/FFmpeg_settings.txt: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_ffmpeg_settings_exit: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/DNG_exr_dpx.txt: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/MOV_set_output.txt: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/DNG_compressor.txt: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/CPRS: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/DNG_compressor.txt: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/DNG_set_output.txt: No such file or directory
/tmp/A_lut_hold_content
find: *1_C0000: No such file or directory
ls: *.txt: No such file or directory
File not found: *_000000.dng
/Users/DavidLee/Library/Services/MLP.workflow/Contents/mlv_rawb.command: line 249: list_01: Permission denied
cat: list_01: No such file or directory
rm: list_01: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_matrix_01: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_matrix: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_matrix_01: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/magic_l_prores/lock_matrix: No such file or directory
cat: ../fps: No such file or directory
/Users/DavidLee/Library/Services/MLP.workflow/Contents/mlv_rawb.command: line 280: ../fps: Permission denied
find: illegal option -- p
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
       find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
cat: ../fps: No such file or directory
rm: ../fps: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/magic_l_prores/wav: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/magic_l_prores/sound: No such file or directory

File not found: *.wav
ls: *.wav: No such file or directory
rm: /tmp/magic_l_prores/wav: No such file or directory
ls: ../A_lut_hold/HDR_enfuse_straight_from_dng_settings.txt: No such file or directory
rm: /tmp/magic_l_prores/d_lick: No such file or directory
grep: A_lut_hold/MOV_set_output.txt: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/MLV_RAW_MOV_new_output_path.txt: No such file or directory
ls: A_lut_hold/MOV_backup_syst.txt: No such file or directory
    ==============================
    dcraw_FFmpeg_settings
    ------------------------------
    Please enter your choice to add a file.
    Reenter your choice to erase the added file.
    Preview tif files will be generated in the background while selecting or removing
    settings.

Main_settings_menu            Contents A_lut_hold
    (l)  A_dan_log_3d_luts         MLV_RAW_dng_dcraw_any_command.txt   
    (br) dcraw_brightness_whitebalance      MLV_RAW_dng_gamma_2.4_0.txt
    (l+) additional luts         MLV_RAW_dng_straight_to_prores444.txt

dcraw_FFmpeg_settings          
    (00) CR2_HDR_enfuse.txt         
    (01) CR2_cr2hdr20bit_settings.txt      
    (02) Frames_per_second.txt         

(03) FFplay_Histogram.txt         
    (04) FFplay_Waveform.txt

(05) HDR_disable_aligning.txt
    (06) HDR_enfuse_correct_FPS.txt
    (07) HDR_enfuse_settings.txt
    (08) HDR_enfuse_straight_from_dng_settings.txt
    (09) HDR_MOV_disable_sharpening.txt
    (10) HDR_tblend_average.txt
    (11) HDR_tblend_average_half_FPS.txt

(12) MLV_mlv_dump_settings.txt
    (13) MLV_RAW_dng_Auto_white_balance.txt
    (14) MLV_RAW_dng_dcraw_any_command.txt
    (15) MLV_RAW_dng_dual_iso_gamma_3.6_0.txt
    (16) MLV_RAW_dng_gamma_2.4_0.txt
    (17) MLV_RAW_dng_linear_gamma_1.1.txt
    (18) MLV_RAW_dng_move_to_parent.txt
    (19) MLV_RAW_dng_repack_or_compress_DNG.txt
    (20) MLV_RAW_dng_scene_folders.txt
    (21) MLV_RAW_dng_straight_to_prores444.txt
    (22) FFmpeg_settings.txt
    (23) MLV_RAW_MOV_dng_scale.txt
    (24) MLV_RAW_MOV_new_output_path.txt   
    (25) dead_pixel_list.txt
    (26) MLV_RAW_my_darkframes.txt
    (27) MLV_RAW_player.txt
    (28) MOV_regular.txt
    (29) MOV_backup_syst.txt
    (30) DNG_exr_dpx.txt

(v)  MlRawViewer
    (re) reset A_lut_hold folder
    (pp) tif previewer
    (p)  4 second tif previewer
    (pr) rerun preview MLV/RAW
    (c)  close preview window
    (h)  hide terminal window
    (o)  open A_lut_hold folder for 5 seconds   
    (d)  delete content in A_lut_hold folder
    (qq) stop processing
    (q)  exit and quit
    (r)  run MLP(MLV/RAW)

ls: A_lut_hold/HDR_enfuse_settings.txt: No such file or directory

Danne

How do you process the cr2 files? It should be done by right clicking a folder containing CR2 files. Are you running (r) from the menu command? That will probably not work.
Did you check page 5 in the user_guide?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpgsilongl80oa8/MLP_user_guide.pptx?dl=0

tmedina

It took a long while of reading and re-reading, but i finally figured this thing out. I'm still in the learning process, but so far I am very impressed and happy with the development of MLP. My only comment would be a more thorough guide or walkthrough. As a start-from-scratch user, I found a lot of the language and terms used were difficult to follow/understand especially with no reference to what things actually were. Nevertheless, as i said, if you really want to learn how to use MLP then you have to be ready to read through all the documentation, as well as this thread, very carefully.

I'll be posting some dual-iso MOV and dual-iso MLV real estate videos in the future.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to the development of this app Danne.

DeafEyeJedi

Have you tried figuring out what the issue(s) was on your end @thusboy?

Danne

New upload in first post

Minor menu update. Added some options which will pop out when including CR2 dual iso files. Options are straight from a1ex cr2hdr. I left out white balance options since MLP script already provides correct white balance with help from dcraw and some division math. There are other options left out but anything could be added.
Usage:
Select a setting. Reselect setting to erase. When ready hit (r). If running defaults just hit (r) without selecting anything else. All settings applied are placed in a settings file in A_lut_hold.