MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

So, it seems deafeye mixed mlv lite with regular MLV format. That,s the real reason for corruption in the dng files. MLV lite is still golden.

slingbacker

Hi all,
I've tried to process my HDR DNG sequence a few times but it won't work.
I choose '09' HDR process then 'r', then it processes the DNG's but when I preview them in mlviewer they are still separated (light & dark frames)
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Danne

Hi slingbacker. MLP doesn,t merge the dng files itself but exports to a movie file. The dng files itself are still light/dark.
By the way, you write dng as DNG which indicates dual iso processing. you havn,t mixed any of the processes? Just to be sure.

slingbacker

Ah, thank you.
I can't seem to locate the output .mov file... Any ideas?

Danne

Not sure how closely you read first post and the user_guide but you need FFmpeg installed and the MLV_RAW_dng_straight_to_prores444.txt inside the A_lut_hold folder to start processing prores files. Or you can also simply rerun "r" after the dng processing is finished or right click the folder you have your folders with dng files a second to time to start the movie processing.

slingbacker

Thanks so much for helping, just tried that. I keep getting the same errors.
Here's a .doc of the error report:
https://mega.nz/#!xkBzmCSD!6WeZzqmjtaeOqcFw48vVV4EufXf6rrYpJF777mAfIk0

Thanks again,
T

slingbacker

I also don't have a PRORES folder when I run the service.
T

Danne

I,m out so can,t watch on my cell phone. Depending on what you do the processing will work digferently. Prores folder is only created when working with mlvfs so if thats the case read the parts about that in the user guide. Also tead the Howto in the download but probanly you did already.

DeafEyeJedi

By the way @slingbacker ... Have you previously used MLP for regular footage with ease or is this your first time using this app on your Mac?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

slingbacker

Hi Deafeye, I haven't used it for normal footage yet no. Thanks, T

Danne

Checking your output it doesn,t seem to have ffmpeg installed. Did you follow the HOWTO file in the download package?
If you want some more efficient help I suggest you create a screen record of your installation steps or at least describe them as carefully as possible. Also describe exactly what kind of files and what camera and what mac OS you are using.

slingbacker

Thanks everyone, I've cracked it!
Looking great, I'll post some test videos soon.

slingbacker

Hi Danne,
I'm really enjoying using MLP, it's incredible. Thank you!
Whilst testing what it can do I'm wondering if it's capable of merging a folder of alternating exposure DNG sequence?
I'm trying to get a good HDR look on my 5Dmkii.

Thanks again,
Tom

Walter Schulz

Danne

Thanks Walter.
@slingbacker
If you try to merge two DNG files into one new dng file that is not gonna work. If you want to create a HDR prores movie from the DNG files please check page 9 in the user_guide(first post).

I tried working with HDR_merge which in fact can achieve merging of dng files using libraw and through command line but there is other problems such as not producing linear files and he,s using dng deflate compression which won,t work in premiere or Davinci resolve. Feel free to ask him if he could create something useful for video as well as for stills.
http://jcelaya.github.io/hdrmerge/

Danne

New version in the first post.

- MOV_backup_syst.txt (suggestion from dfort, read what it does inside when opening the file)

- Set an alternative ProRes4444 output folder (will also work with MLVFS)

Following information is also documented in the user_guide starting at page 14

An output selection menu will appear when selecting MLP
on an empty folder

Select one of three alternatives and then rerun MLP.
This time on your source folder

Danne

New version up in first post.
Added so one can export dng folders straight to a selected output instead of from the same location as your MLV/RAW files. Right click an empty output folder to bring up the menu and choose an alternative. Then right click MLP on a folder or memory card with MLV/RAW files the usual way.

ciriuss925

HI Danne,

Back in November 2015 I had issue with the DNGs created with the "folder_ProRes444_lut 12 5"  Service being shown as over-exposed in Adobe Camera Raw. You had provided the explanation that the 6d and 70d DNGs created by the "folder_ProRes444_lut 12 5 " Service are not being rendered correctly by later versions of ACR thus you created the Canon_EOS_6D.command to fix the issue. 

Recently i took some dual iso shots again and I tried to execute the same workflow but when I double-clicked on "Canon_EOS_6D.command" file after the DNGs were created by the ProRes444 service a terminal window appears and spits out the following error messages:

args: exiftool: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

I had the Canon_EOS_6D.command file copied into the MAIN folder where the DNGs are located.

Am I missing a step ?  Your advice is appreciated.  Sorry for the bother.

Danne

Don,t remember exactly what,s in the command. Could you upload it. Or if it say -name try changing that word to -iname.

ciriuss925

Hi Danne, sorry for the late reply - here s the link to the original  Canon_EOS_6D.command.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwB_poTzzVK8YVI5TVhIS0c3QVk

I tried your suggestion - I duplicated the file and I see "-name" and  changed it to "-iname" in the duplicate copy (not the original)  but I am still getting the same error as before when I tried to control-click /open the file:

xargs: exiftool: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

BTW the only change between November 2015 and today is that I was still using Yosemite then and now using El Capitan. 
Thank you!

Danne

It means you don,t have exiftool onto your system anymore. You can use exiftool from within MLP or you can download and install it to your system via homebrew or exiftool homepage.
I made some changes to the script. If you open the script by right clicking and choose open with TextEdit you can erase everything with this and if you have MLP installed it should work after this. You can have the script next to your folders instead of inside the folders or next to the files as before if you like.
workingDir=`dirname "$0"`
cd "${workingDir}"

find . -maxdepth 2 -name '*.DNG' -print0 | xargs -0 ~/Library/Services/MLP.workflow/Contents/exiftool "-UniqueCameraModel=Canon EOS 6D" -overwrite_original

If you want the old script to work you can download exiftool from Phil Harvey,s webpage and install it.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/Image-ExifTool-10.13.tar.gz
or download it via homebrew.

Enter following in terminal to install homebrew
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
then write lines below to install exiftool
brew install exiftool

ciriuss925

Thank you Danne - I downloaded the latest exiftool (10.13) dmg file from Phil Harvey's webpage as you indicated, and installed the pkg.  Thats all I did - and now the Canon_EOS_6D.command is working! Appreciate your input as I've always been.

I will take a look at the MLP - wish there is a video tutorial for using the MLP hehe.   

Danne

Yeah I know, there is a lot to learn. However if you have anything special you want to use it for it,s almost the simpliest way. To start out with one function and learn about that one.

Oswald

What I did wrong? I succeeded one time to delete focus pixels and convert it to prores 444 mode. Then nothing.

so nowadays the mlp makes this:
1) services and I click MLP and it creates folders.
2) do it second time and he asks camera (100d) and I'll choose it
3) photoshop opens and says this:
http://imgur.com/7iPuZnj
4) it converts raw file to dng photos and prores 444 file, but it dont remove hot pixels.

So, what i do wrong?
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ΒΆ  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

Danne

Interesting. Could you upload a sample file MLV or RAW for me to test with?