MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Nice effort, @BatteriesNotIncluded and Thanks for sharing!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

BatteriesNotIncluded

Quote from: Danne on January 02, 2016, 07:34:40 PM
Thanks for sharing and good it is working. Tried to reproduce the issue by trying on a fresh macbook air without exiftool and dcraw installed except from inside MLP but it all worked as it supposed to. Dfort tried as well with the same result. Let,s see if we can narrow down the issue completely later on.

Interesting. I just realised as well that I'm running 10.11.3 Beta (15D9c), so I'm wondering if that's playing a part here or not.

Danne

Could be. Then we,re in for some more El Capitan messing again. Or, it could be as simple as putting in a couple of quotes in the export path command again. We,ll see :)

BatteriesNotIncluded

Gotcha.

Now that I'm able to process ProRes, a quick question:

I'm editing the dng's with ACR in Adobe Bridge. I apply the changes to all the dng's and Finder reflects the changes. However, when I then process into ProRes it's the original RAW image. Any thoughts?

Danne

ACR is a stand alone system. MLP works by working with dcraw and FFmpeg settings and through 3d luts(ProRes files). The changes made in MLP to the dng files will reflect in ACR, DaVinci resolve, lightroom etc but not vice versa.

Danne

Updated first post with a new MLP version containing a new feature. The looks_creator.command. On page 19 in the user guide you can find out more.
What it does it runs previewer functions while you are selecting settings from menu windows. You can also call MlRawViewer(hi Baldand :)) from this script if it is installed in MLP. See the Howto file about this.

DeafEyeJedi

This is a BRILLIANT move on your part by combining MLRawViewer within MLP for an exclusive previewer while having the ability to fine tune our files in a much more complex depth in order to get the most out of our videos altogether with your app!

I salute to you once again and thanks for starting an incredible way into the new year ... I'll be testing/playing and will report back asap.

@ Everyone else that are interested in trying this out ... Please do not hesitate from using it as I know it may seem complicated for newcomers at first but I can promise you all from the bottom of my heart that it isn't at all and it's just like riding a bike or better yet ice skating.

Once you get into rhythm and then it'll just turn into Magic!

[emoji106]

Danne

New version again. It includes a media pipe through FFplay. This means we can preview footage in altered MLP settings more or less in real time.
I tweaked settings in dcraw (-h, half color) a fast FFmpeg transcoding option and scaling down the footage to 800 x 450 while streaming. These settings can be changed through txt files. Check page 19 in the user_guide.

The FFplay stream works when right clicking folders of dng files. Does awesome work in dmilligans MLVFS but also works on folders of dng files created in MLP. Whatever setting changed in A_lut_hold folder will be seen in the media stream.
This also means I had to rewrite ProRes transcoding in conjunction with MLVFS. Now you simply right click the MLVFS partition to start the processing (page 8, user_guide)

MLVFS

MLP

baldavenger

Yet more excellent work Dan, and what a fantastic commitment to such a useful project. Magic Lantern continues to not just survive, but actually flourish with this level of engaged contribution from people such as yourself. Well done sir.
EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5

Danne

Thanks for those kind words Baldavenger and thanks for your own commitment.  Open source is what makes it all possible and creative. Bash can take you far it seems :)

DeafEyeJedi

and I love how your Sigma 20 1.4 art comes out on these screenshots above ... Oh drop it like its HOT!

Danne

You enter /library/services/ and delete MLP. All dependencies are inside MLP contents folder.

DeafEyeJedi

Do you have a valid reason why you want to uninstall MLP @Caserta?

Danne

Here is a little something for HDR movie enthusiasts. This completely slipped my and anyone elses radar I guess.
By exporting using the filter_complex option -vf tblend=all_mode=average in FFmpeg you will get on the fly exports of HDR footage. And most important, the exported files will still keep the same fps. No image interpolation is needed. This speeds things up considerably as it will export footage like regular ProRes exports. I made it work both with H.264 and MLV/RAW files and also with MLVFS. When the tblend option is selected FFplay will also playback HDR folders of dng files and HDR H.264(right click the movie file) files as regular looking files when previewing.

Check page 5 and 7 in the user_guide

Danne

Seems recent dcraw and FFplay player wouldn,t work because of dependency issues. Reverted back to a static dcraw and a update about what could be done to have FFplay player working. (Download in first post)

Install notes FFplay

Following instructions will install FFplay and FFmpeg to your system(outside of MLP). This is needed for FFplay to work. (SDL library needed)

From page 23 in the user_guide

Open up terminal

1 - Install homebrew by entering this command
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Press enter

2 -  Install FFplay/FFmpeg by entering following in terminal
brew install ffmpeg --with-fdk-aac --with-ffplay
Press enter

You are now able to right click MLP on folders of dng files and also MOV files if using  the HDR_tblend_average.txt file.

bennyray1

Hey guys,wondering if anyone else is having a hard time importing the .dng files produced from MLP in After Effects.I am using MLP on .mlv files on Mac 10.9.5,and have no problem creating the .mov files.But I was trying to import .dng files into After Effects 13.6,and for some reason after the Camera Raw adjustments it will crash After Effects.I also converted the same .mlv files with MlRawViewer to .dng,and had no problem importing,adjusting in Camera Raw,and completing the import with no crash issues.Perhaps someone can let me know if I need to pull a specific .txt file into A_lut_hold folder to prevent the crash.Any advise would be great,the pro ress files look great,but I just wanted to see if I could push the .dng files a little further then the pro ress.If a crash log or a sample of the .dng is needed,I can provide for sure.Thanks again guys, and @danne this is an amazing app and I am just trying to get used to it sir.

Danne

Interesting. And welcome aboard the MLP thread :).
Could you.
1- upload a sample dng?
2- tell me if you have all the binaries installed in MLP?
3- what txt files were used in A_lut_hold folder?

bennyray1

1.https://www.dropbox.com/s/n56voagqpmcmd2f/M16-0604_1_2016-01-16_0001_C0000_000000.dng?dl=0
2.Yes sir,I followed all proper instructions and placed all binaries that were instructed,also installed homebrew via command line in terminal.
3.I stuck with just the starting point .txt files found in the A_lut_hold folder produced from MLP.

Here is a screen shot of my ~/Library/Services/MLP/Contents/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xofofxuv1ycfduv/binarieslibrary.tiff?dl=0

Thanks for the help sir.

Danne

Thanks. It works over here in AE CS 6. If you have audio try remove the wav file and see if that helps. You could also reprocess your MLV file and this time add the MLV_RAW_dng_repack_16bit.txt file in the A_lut_hold folder as well before processing you dng files. This is for use in premiere pro but maybe it helps in AE too? If nothing works you could maybe upload a short sample MLV of a problematic file as well?

MortenSJ

I have little trouble using the MLP.

I've copied all my RAW files to my LACIE disk, but then i right click i don't get the Service tab. When i right click on a random folder on my desktop, i do however get the Services tab. Why is that?

Danne

You have to right click on a folder or a file to use MLP. Are you right clicking in empty space?

MortenSJ

No, i'm right clicking the folder which holds all my RAW files. The only time i get the Services tab is when i right click on a folder that's on my Desktop.

Danne

Hm, that is strange. Could you make a printscreen of what i looks like? Also the name of the folder and its contents. Could be name-related. I could try to reproduce if I get the exact steps.