MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Hdr works that way.Dual iso and hdr are working very differently so I recommend trying out one of them at the time.

DeafEyeJedi

From my experience with various testings... It is definitely best to NOT combine them both together (HDR + Dual-ISO) in which I previously have in the past by an accident and it's not so pretty...

[emoji37]

Pick one or the other...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

pettermannen

Hi! Thanks for you answer DeafEyeJedi and Danne.
I am new to HDR video and if i decide to go with only the HDR movie function and the result is a first dark frame and then a bright frame and so on, how do i process that on a mac to make it a viewable movie?
Second Q. Is it possible to shoot mlv-files with only dual iso checked in expo menu? Is that the prefered way to shoot movies?

I think that having dual iso checked will give me the right framerate since the hdr-fuction will give me half the framerate since it merges 2 frames. Is that correct?
Best regards Pettermannen
5D mark III owner

Danne

For HDR you can do like this. Just put either an .MOV .RAW or .MLV in the folder(5.3 version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGFLlS9c6c&feature=youtu.be

Dual iso will work best in zoom mode http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12796.msg126471#msg126471
. You film like any other moviemode and postprocess can be made in either parent folder or in PRORES folder. It will detect if dual iso or not.

On the first page you have the experimental(5.3) and the more stable release 1.8. They work a little differently. 1.8 don,t have any PRORES or RAW_MLV hdr conversion mode.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on March 23, 2015, 08:28:57 PM
Hi! Some progress in dnxhd and ffmpeg. Found a setting for 10-bit 440M! DOn,t know if this is overkill or not. Not really sure if it,s an alternative to ProRes444 from ffmpeg but hope you guys would shed some light here.

Fast
dnxhd1obit-440M

ProRes444

*Further progress on this theme will be on the cr2hdr-r thread. Got carried away in dnxhd discussion here, realize this thread is about cinelog.

I thought these comparisons were quite interesting because I noticed that the highlights were slightly clipped in the dnxHD10bit-440 as oppose to the ProRes444...

Is there a reason for that in particular?

Just curious...

P.S. I quoted your post from the Cinelog thread respectively in effort to keep from making a mess. Hope that's okay with you.

Danne

Cool.
Havn,t checked the dnxhd 10-bit too much yet but you can be right about the clipping. It should be dnxhd 10-bit 422 and probably it can,t outrun the ProRes444.

pettermannen

Thanks Danne!
(Kör engelska så andra kan hänga med)
I use 5d MK2 and latest build and when i shoot with dual iso activated in expo mode. I get a message that i have to record raw in movie mode.
When i choose raw movie mode instead of mlv the iso is not alternating in the preview and the dng´s are not in dual iso. I therefore assume that
i can´t create dual iso dngs with interlaced scan lines when i shoot movies with 5d. Is that correct? If i shoot stills the cr2´s got scan lines though.

I also imported  a HDR recording with MLV in after effects with MLVFS (with bright and dark frames) I exported a prores movie from aftereffects with alternating frames and followed your link to the video on how to process a .mov file with cr2hdr-5.3. I put that movie both in the mov.mlv.raw folder and also in the proves folder. But nothing happened when i hit the button. Does it have to be mov file directly from the 5d?

It still puzzles me on how i should process my mlv recordings (HDR video). And what to do with movies exported from aftereffects with alternating frames. please help me.
Best regards Pettermannen
5D mark III owner

Danne

ciriuss925

Hi Danne,

I've been trying to test Magic Lantern Dual-ISO (for photography only,NOT videos)for my 70D - took me almost 12 hours (not straight 12 hrs or i'd go bonkers lol)  and I saw this forum.   I notice this forum mainly focus on the RAW Videos so I hope my problem should hopefully (hehe) be an easier fix for you :D

initially I installed the cr2hdr-r-1.8 zip files (from your 1st post in this forum) - I followed the instructions to run the install.command and copied the cr2hdr.app to my desktop - I double-clicked the app and point it to my directory containing the CR2 files - the DNG files were created but for some reason it won't render - Photoshop said it could not parse the DNG files.

So I continued reading your thread and saw you uploaded the latest cr2hdr-r zip (version 5.3-s ).  after downloading I thought i should run the uninstall command on the 1,8 version, then do the 5.3 install.command.    I was surprised it didn't ask for a password so I tried to close the terminal windows and rerun the 5.3 install.command.  Then I am getting these errors now :((

~ xxxxxxx /Users/xxxxxxx/Downloads/cr2hdr-r_5.3i_s/Install\ these\ first/install.command ; exit;
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/lib to /usr/bin/lib: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/sox to /usr/bin/sox: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/exiftool to /usr/bin/exiftool: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/cr2hdr20bit to /usr/bin/cr2hdr20bit: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/dcraw to /usr/bin/dcraw: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/mlv_dump to /usr/bin/mlv_dump: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/raw2dng to /usr/bin/raw2dng: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/bwfmetaedit to /usr/bin/bwfmetaedit: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/bmcc_ixml_luts to /usr/bin/bmcc_ixml_luts: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/enfuse to /usr/bin/enfuse: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/ffmpeg to /usr/bin/ffmpeg: No such file or directory
mv: rename ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/cr2hdr_r_speed_boost.workflow to /Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Services/cr2hdr_r_speed_boost.workflow: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

could you share why i am getting these errors? :(   

ciriuss925

Hi Danne,

Sorry I just saw a post from EpicMedia from a few weeks ago who had the same problem - it seems like he eventually was able to install it on a different machine.  I on the other hand only have one Mac machine :( 

i saw you suggested in your post#271 in this forum as follows:

You could try to move all the binaries manually to the folder.
Hit cmd shift g. Then print /usr/bin.
In this folder drag all files and folders from the binary folder into /usr/bin.

am wondering if you could kindly share a more detailed way to do this?  from looking at the errors it seems like its trying to copy/rename  the ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/* to /usr/bin/* but the ./Binaries_cr2hdr-r/ path is missing?  From my limited unix knowledge I could just right click on the "install this first" folder and select service> New terminal from folder...   after that I don't know which command I should execute ...  please bear with me and appreciate your help.

Danne

You run the install command from the folder it,s in. Did you move anything after unzipping?

You could try to unzip or redownload the app and run the install command again. It looks like the binary folder is empty? If it doesn,t work I suggest you create a screen recording of your install steps and pm me a link.
About 70D for now you can run the script from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirSTNNeV9JLXBkMms/view?usp=sharing
after you have converted your files to DNG files. As soon as a new version is compiled I try to put in the app.

If you move files manually you grab them all from the binary folder and drag/drop them into /usr/bin. I wouldn,t suggest this if you don,t really know what you,re doing.

ciriuss925

Hi Danne -THANK YOU - actually yes I did realize that before I found your reply - I found the binaries were empty (cause I ran install already) so I had to re-download again.

But this time, I downloaded the cr2hdr-r_5.3l_s version (not the latest, but I believe it should work for my photography CR2 files).  i ran install.command for the binaries after install and it was successful!

I replaced the cr2hdr.app with this new version, and double-clicked the app and pointed to my folder containing the two PHOTO CR2 files.

I have read your posts so I knew there would be those new (PRORES and HDR_RAW_MLV_MOV) folders created to handle the RAW or MLV videos - but I was expecting to but I don't see DNG files created :(  I wonder where should I find my DNG files?

Again, appreciate your comments!   

BTW is there a way to post screenshots or attachments here ?   I do not have a dropbox account :(

Walter Schulz

Quote from: ciriuss925 on March 30, 2015, 01:48:23 AM
BTW is there a way to post screenshots or attachments here ?   I do not have a dropbox account :(

http://picload.org
http://imgur.com
or any other pic hoster

http://www.filedropper.com/
or any other file hoster

ciriuss925

thanks Walter - I just realized I have a google account so yes I should be able to share my files via Google Drive

Danne

Did you run the app once more after all the folders were created? First run only creates the  folders.

ciriuss925

Hi Danne,

Thanks again for your input - was just getting ready for bed when I saw your reply. 

I reran cr2hdr-r.app as you suggested and - voila - within one minute the DNG files were generated (and the CR2 files went to ORIGINAL folder as expected).

However, it is strange that when I try to open the DNG file via Photoshop - Photoshop issues this error message: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.

I am attaching one of the CR2 file and its corresponding  DNG file as follows -
IMG_7442.CR2 file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwB_poTzzVK8RElTQ2Z1R0lndU0/view?usp=sharing
IMG_7442.DNG file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwB_poTzzVK8bEtQamZKbDgtR1U/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!  Will check back in the morning :)

Danne

For now you have to run this script in the same folder as your DNG files.Doubleclick the command.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirSTNNeV9JLXBkMms/view?usp=sharing

It applies missing color matrices for your camera.
I think N/A is compiling a cr2hdr20bit which will include the 70D.

ciriuss925

Hurrah - the 70D_color_matrix.command worked - and big thanks to you, Danne!!!
I can now open the DNG files (no more errors!)  - although I still do see some noise but its not as bad as before.  I am still figuring out how to make my dual ISO CR2 shots cleaner (must be something with my exposure setting).

Will play around with ML extensively again this weekend :-)   I will be trying the HDR bracketing and time-lapse next - I think these may be easier to test than dual ISO :D

Danne

Danne

Updated first post with version 5.5 both with luts and no hardcoded luts.

added

- latest cr2hdr20bit - should work with 70D (Thanks to N/A, compiling and I think it,s Nikfreak,s version)
- latest dcraw (Thanks to N/A)
- updated mlv transcoding now also adding the color matrices the other updated workflows/apps are using.
- dampened the brightness in dcraw for the hardcoded lut when transcoding regular raw/mlv files so should look really good now.

Got a version working with white balance, brightness, combining luts coming up but wanted to get version above out of the way first :)

dubzeebass

Good job! For some reason the audio is showing as a separate file in DR. Any ideas? v1.8 works fine, Resolve likes those BWF.

Danne

Do you know the exact framerate for those files? Or is it for all the files?

Danne

Thing is I hardcoded a lot of fps but there are "inbetweens" that will miss the correct fps. I could make some awk, grep for and write the actual fps but will take some time since I don,t really know to do it yet.
However, if you send me the different fps that you use I will update the xml presets.

Danne

Tried hastily creating some luts in davinci resolve and added to the Prores file during transcoding in cr2hdr-r. It can take up to three luts at the same time. First clip is straight out of the box.

Thumbnails (screens)

DeafEyeJedi

Just got home from being on the road and man this is such a dream come true for yet another accomplishments of yours, Danne!

Looking forward to seeing its results.

Thanks for the update... even the next one just sounds so damn GOOD!

Love the Cat!