MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Gonna fix the audio thing. HArder though to get the huge file transcoding issue out of the way. I see what I can do.

DeafEyeJedi

Let me know if you want me to upload a large MLV (slightly over 8gb) for you if that would help on your end?

Not sure if it would because you can record it yourself from home w 5D3, right? lol
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

cr2hdr-r 2.6

- Added dcraw compile from N/A, thanks!
- MLV files to ProRes. Should work with all combinations, dual iso, audio, big files and so on. Please test if possible
- Audio. should work now.
- ProRes should be 444 now.

Todo
- Raw to ProRes. Same as MLV. It is working but bigger files might have a problem transcoding to ProRes. Try if possible.
- Waiting for a Lut from Andy600 to fit with dual iso ProRes files.

DeafEyeJedi

@Danne:

Now that's a massive update there you got... Wish I could just quit this job for a day and go home to play with this toy!

I'll have my 2006 MBP with me (in case I have downtime at work) then definitely will give this a try!

Would it also work with MLV's produced from FRPS (Timelapse) if I were to use this app?

THANKS AGAIN!

;D

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

Just got home. Gotta get up early again tmw for work.

*feedbacks*

Definitely organizes files into respective folders better. (goes into PRORES folder this time)  :D

Currently spitting ProRes 444 HQ is definitly taking a bit longer than usual which is to be expected.

Looking good so far! (will check out .mov file to verify Audio tmw AM before work)

Perhaps depending on the projects itself obviously -- if we could use an option to choose 422 or 444 or just plain good old DNG's, that would be killer!

Will also test out HDR Raw along with Dual-ISO again to verify the brightness via .mov files as well as MLV's from FRSP.

Thanks again and be in touch brother!

GN

Danne

Plain old dngs is outside the Prores folder still right?
Optional stuff could be done in different folders. Dont know about selectors and stuff. Might put in alternative folders within the ProRes folders.
Also curious what could be done about whitebalance. Right now it is on dcraw auto.
Thanks for feedback :)

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on February 14, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Plain old dngs is outside the Prores folder still right?

looks like it does?

Quote from: Danne on February 14, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Also curious what could be done about whitebalance. Right now it is on dcraw auto.

Looks like the dcraw auto is producing different WB from as shot?

Also noticed the ProRes 4444 .mov came out shorter than the one from MLRV. no?

Danne

How much shorter?
Ffmpeg does a cut from which file is shortest, either audio or video. I could skip this cutting feature and video will probably be i tiny bit shorter than audio.

N/A

Which commands do you use for dcraw? dcraw uses color matrices from adobe dng converter but I think someone said in another thread that they're outdated. Does -w work better? On a sidenote, there was an updated version (9.23.0) posted yesterday, I'll see if I can compile that one soon. On overtime right now, I really need to figure out how to compile c for os x on my android based galaxy lol.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Danne

I put in -w and it seems following whitebalance from dng metadata which is promising for mlv-files. Lesser so for RAW ;).
Here,s the automator file with -w set on MLV to ProRes (havn,t set this for RAW)

cr2hdr-r_2.6d_wb_no_short.app
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfird09lcXdvQnh5dkE/view?usp=sharing

N/A

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

Good to know regarding dcraw's frequent updates @N/A!

About Dcraw Auto which is actually a pretty cool feature and can be useful for some
scenarios I would suppose?

Currently on my way into work...

Have the MBP W me just in case I have downtime... [emoji2]

Thanks, D!

Danne

Might include some presets for raw (xml files with tungsten, daylight etc) and go with mlv settings for mlv?

DeafEyeJedi

Hmmm... Similar to MLRV?

Preset buttons 1,2,3?

*whew* I'm finally off tmw and will get to the bottom of this with you then!

SJ

DeafEyeJedi

Question/Theory:

Do you often find yourself having to locate which RAW/MLV was shot in HDR video because if I throw them all in PRORES folder it won't do the HDR render unless I separate them which I expected but just a thought... could it be possible for it to detect HDR videos if I were to throw it in PRORES folder and automatically spits it into the HDR folder?

Otherwise I'll just view the MLV/RAW's through MLRV first in beforehand which works fine atm. I don't mind, really!  :D

Just a thought... and I'm currently testing the latest '2.6d_wb_no_short' and looking forward to Monday's update! lol

SJ

DeafEyeJedi

*feedback*

Re: dcraw_auto seems to run through the entire DNG's thus changing the WB constantly rather than just from the first frame and stick to it? (won't that help... no?)

https://vimeo.com/119672350

Top Left - cr2hdr-r / Bottom Right - MLRV

*edit*

Notice one footage is shorter than the other.

Danne

Yup. Think that is the non linear way again. Have you tried the last uploaded version which is supposed to use the camera settings (mlv)?

DeafEyeJedi

I downloaded the latest one ( 2.6d_wb_no_short ) from your last PM. I double checked with the one from your link on this thread in recent post. Same?

Am I not on the latest one?

Danne

Hi! Are you saying you get inconsistent white balance with this version?
cr2hdr-r_2.6d_wb_no_short.app
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfird09lcXdvQnh5dkE/view?usp=sharing

COuld be inconsistencies with mlv-files then since It is not set on auto.

Could you perhaps run a version with the auto wb set  with this and see which one is more correct?
cOuld be auto actually produces more linear results than native MLV wb. Not sure.
Thanks

DeafEyeJedi

Correct -- hence the vimeo clip or I can upload original files for you to see what I mean?

Can I just move the current .mov out from the prores folder and run the app again with earlier version per your suggestion -- would that work as it should, right?

however I will test them again with both versions in the AM to verify!

Eyes are bloodshot.

Burns like a mother...

*EDIT*

Actually I was wrong on that. I may have accidentally clicked on the older version application icon on my dock. My wrong. (it's rather confusing at times when I'm trying out all sorts of versions and the info still saying '1.2' so I have to keep reminding myself to rename the app name with extension so I know which is which. Argh!)

Take 2 coming up.

Danne

Cool.
Got to make sure dcraw actually is choosing the mlv wb and not defaulting to an auto wb but that would be shown in a comparison. I will do some testing tomorrow if you are busy. No hurry. No need for uploads but do check that mlv file and dcraw wb are the same. You can compare by opening a dng in acr.

DeafEyeJedi

Tried the trick that I was hoping to work. Deleted old .mov file and placed the Folder (w converted DNG's) into ProRes folder and run the app again.

Just starts spitting out .mov's which is nice.

Re: about WB between Pre/Post.

Pre (DNG exported from MLRV)

Post (DNG exported from cr2hdr-r)

I doubt a change of +100 would make a difference from dcraw auto (or let alone be the reason of inconsistent WB)? I went through the entire DNG's to see if WB was inconsistence through it all but stays at constant 5100, strange it doesn't look like that in video?

Well time will only tell while your 'cr2hdr_long.app' is currently rendering the same MLV from the video I showed earlier. Hopefully it'll be more consistence this time!

Thanks, D!