MLP - Mac OSX batch processing workflow (former cr2hdr-r)

Started by Danne, October 05, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

*feedbacks*

After running 3.8b twice to make sure it gets all the files properly. Only to find a few in HDR and a few in ProRes seem to STILL have few .mov's with popping up "Quicktime Can't convert" errors... not sure why though?

Also notice the auto stretch for slo mo's don't always work and some come out stretched out weirdly too.

https://vimeo.com/120999131

Thanks, D!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Thanks Deafeyejedi!
Is the file empty the isn,t being able to read in quicktime? Sometimes the transcoder will do this. I,ll see if I can narrow down the problem.
Autostrecth is detected through aspect ratios from 5d mark 3. Did the problem come in HDR or PRORES folder?

DeafEyeJedi

Yes. The .mov file is empty from both MLV & HDR (0 kb):

Auto-stretch seemed to be problematic for both HDR & ProRes (randomly though):

Spanned Files Bug?:

Danne

cr2hdr-r 4.6
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirV1RsaGNYd0VJUHM/view?usp=sharing

- Added lut support. add lut inside the PRORES folder or in subfolders together with the RAW/MLV file(up to three luts works)
- Added the Andy600_lin_to_REC709.cube when transcoding regular ProRes files. These files looks so clean and good. Thanks Andy600.
- Rearranged folder structure a little

About luts. Up to three extra 3dluts can be added. When running the app the first time it creates some additional folder. Inside the PRORES folder some luts and a text description will be provided. For instance you could preview luts in the "lut3d_lab folder". Info about this in the text file.

Dual iso RAW/MLV to ProRes comes hardcoded with Andy600_lin_to_log.cube
Regular RAW/MLV comes hardcoded with Andy600_lin_to_REC709.cube

Beware of limitation in lut handling in ffmpeg and also difference between dual iso RAW and MLV. Gonna check on this later.

whitefx

I'm relatively new to using the dual ISO feature and am currently using the windows script that utilizes VirtualDub and Enfuse to extract the A & B frames to get C. This has been a slow process since I'm on a Mac and have to run VirtualBox to make this work. I've read through this entire thread and am under the impression that I can use cr2hdr-r for a similar, more logical workflow but seem to be missing something.

I am simply shooting dual ISO .MOV files, not RAW. I've followed the install directions (even watched the YouTube install video), when run the app and point to the folder with my test.mov file, the new folder structure is created but no automator tasks seem to continue. In fact I never see the gear icon in the top menu bar.

I'm clearly missing something here. It was late, after a long day when I read through this thread, so I may have missed something. Any help will be appreciated.

MBP 2011 13", OS X 10.10.1

Danne

Dual iso .MOV? Do you mean HDR?
Which version are you using?

if 1.8 you just put the .MOV in the folder where you want your files.

If running experimental builds you first run the app as it will create needed folders and then quit. You then put your .MOV in the HDR_RAW_MLV_MOV folder and then run the app from the parent folder. NOT from the created sufolder(HDR_RAW_MLV_MOV).

Are you with me?

whitefx

Yes I meant HDR. I was working with the latest two experimental builds. After your suggestion I was able to get the process where it appeared to be working but after about 15 minutes, no additional files had been created and the progress in the status bar remained at 0%.

I used 1.8 and everything seems to be splitting and merging fine. Thanks!

Danne

Strange. Could you share a printscreen? Would like to see the problem. Are you running the app from outside the created subdolder?
Wait a minute with the .MOV. Gotta fix a thing.

*Fixed bug. Updated the links

DeafEyeJedi

Ahh I learned something new today... D'OH!  :P

After struggling to figure out why 5.0 stops running after it completes the Lut3D_Lab folder (Although I had already ran the command shortcut for Lut3D_Lab prior to which worked well!) and then tried again after emptying out that particular folder... Voila!

https://vimeo.com/121489716

Lut3D_Lab folder is definitely a nice addition and it's worth checking prior to rendering with a certain LUT applied as a whole.

Danne

Yeah, the idea is that when you organized all your files you could stuff some files in the lub lab folder and as long as you,re in there the files won,t start transcoding. At least inside ProRes folder. After you take them out you start the app and leave.
Thanks for sharing

DeafEyeJedi

Regarding HL handling for Raw... or maybe its best to leave them alone and it all comes down to proper exposures? lol

https://vimeo.com/121533690

Dual-ISO's are coming out really nice though...  :)

N/A

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Danne

Wonderful N/A. Gonna put it in during the weekend.

@deafeyejedi. Could you share the raw regarding HL? I, ll see what could be done.

Danne

Could you specify what is what in the examples you provide from your film Deafeyejedi? There are three different outputs. The ding is obvious but what about the other two .mov ?

DeafEyeJedi

I'm out away from home atm coaching little league baseball practice. Then the Wife will be taking me out to dinner afterwards. So I'll be able to do it as soon as I get home.

In my own recent memory if I can recall correctly that each 3 of these files goes as it follows ISO 1600, ISO 100, Dual-ISO @ 100/1600...

But that's just from what I can think of and could be wrong.

Plus I was using a manual lens -- 14mm t3.1 and I think I left it wide open or may have closed it down to 4-5.6 (it was just a quick test for slo-mo's aspect ratios purposes) so sorry Danne I don't mean to keep you up waiting on me!!!

After all, I doubt this may be a bug on your end. It could be due to this particular lens?

reddeercity

Quote from: Danne on March 03, 2015, 10:46:50 AM
cr2hdr-r 4.6
Dual iso RAW/MLV to ProRes comes hardcoded with Andy600_lin_to_log.cube
Regular RAW/MLV comes hardcoded with Andy600_lin_to_REC709.cube
@Danne I want to try out this workflow for Dual ISO/HRD Raw , but I see you have Hard Coded Luts Can you make Optional ?
I prefer to do Color Space myself or is there a older build of this app that's not Hard Coded with Luts ?
Thanks 

Danne

Hi Reddeercity. THis version is without the hardcoded luts.
cr2hdr-r_5.3_all_no_lut
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirYzA3eUloZmVDNVU/view?usp=sharing

You need to uninstall and install the new files with the new scripts. If you only want to change the "bmcc_ixml_luts" folder than grab it from the downloaded pack and put it in /usr/bin/bmcc_ixml_luts.

You can add up to three luts simultaneously.

I added the possible formats that ffmpeg is suppose to support
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#lut3d-1

Highres luts don,t seem to work so please report if you get some good luts working here. Some luts will probably not work.

Also treat it as beta. It is multithreaded and needs to be tested. Could have missed a letter somewhere in the script, a lot of text :)

reddeercity

Thanks Danne , I'll download and go for a "Road Test" 
I will Report back with results  :D

Danne

Thanks to N/A we now can make use of A1ex latest cr2hdr20bit binary. Just updated with some other things.
Thanks!
cr2hdr-r_5.3f(beta-experimental)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirell2elNQN1Zwemc/view?usp=sharing

EpicMedia

When I run cr2hdr-2 its just creating audio .movs,  can someone tell me what to do?

N/A

Quote from: Danne on March 09, 2015, 08:55:57 PM
Thanks to N/A we now can make use of A1ex latest cr2hdr20bit binary. Just updated with some other things.
Thanks!
cr2hdr-r_5.3f(beta-experimental)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirell2elNQN1Zwemc/view?usp=sharing
Cool, happy to be of assistance.

N/A