.MLV is unsupported... raw2dng, RawMagic, MlRawViewer all not working...

Started by jamesfrei, October 04, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesfrei

SUMMARY:
MLV files play on camera and on Macbook, will not encode to .mov or .dng. All software on Win8 and MacOSx10.9.4 says "File unsupported." Please help...

IN FULL:
Everytime I try and convert my .MLV into .dng files say's my MLV files are unsupported. I've done this process over 50 times before, successfully and all of a sudden, it's stopped working.

I'm using the latest software for Canon 5D Mark iii, Nightly Build and I've tried over 10 previous versions.

I've tried firmware 123 and 113 with the same results. I've tried on Mac OS X 10.9.4 and Windows 8.1. I've tried command line and gui for RawMagic the iTunes version and the original Beta. I've tried raw2dng all the old versions and the new. 

I've exhausted all options I can think of... 

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or have a solution?!

Interestingly, my .MLV files are playing absolutely fine in MlRawViewer.app on both the old and the new versions.  They will not encode to .mov or .dng files...

There must be something I'm forgetting and I think I'm going mad.

I'm sorry if this is bait and I'm being thick, I'm sorry if I've missed a thread explaining the problem but could someone please help me.

Thank you.

dmilligan

jamesfrei

I have tried this also.

I also just tried on a friends Macbook Pro Retina with almost no video editing software on... I use MlRawViewer.app and it worked with no problems... What could possibly cause my Macbook Pro 2011 to suddenly not recognise these .MLV files!?

Ps. Also, I used raw_rec (the original module) and it worked seamlessly with the RAW files and processing. It's literally just the .MLV on my laptop... What could cause this?  I tried with the sound modules on and off, and the viewer modules on and off. No cookie...

Thank you in advance if you've read thus far, you're probably bored of this kind of post...

dmilligan

Quote from: jamesfrei on October 04, 2014, 08:40:05 PM
I have tried this also.
I sort of don't believe you. When you tried mlv_dump what was the exact error you got when it didn't work? What exactly happened when you tried MLVFS?

Please state exactly what you tried, what exact versions of what exact software you tried and what were the exact results and exact errors. If you need to, record a video of what you're doing and what's happening. If you can't be more precise, nobody is going to be able to help.