cDNG's from RAWMagic look corrupt in Resolve but not Adobe?

Started by dearthman, September 30, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearthman

Hey guys, I'm really hoping to go the Resolve/proxy round trip route for my project, but every single shot I convert to DNG's through RAWMagic Lite have random frames every second or two that are discolored with diamond/checker patterning when viewed (and exported to ProRes) in Resolve. Meanwhile the same cDNG's play perfectly in After Effects and Premiere and also MlRawViewer seems to make sequences from the same source material that Resolve does like, but sadly that's not an option -- far too unwieldy and unstable (even on my new Macbook Pro) to convert 100's of shots, and its vertical stripe removal doesn't do as good a job as RAWMagic does (can still see faint striping).

I've tried searching around here and haven't found any similar sounding issues, or much advice on working with Resolve except the workflow tutorials that start with "use RAWMagic," but I'm hesitant to buy the full version when the lite one already isn't making files that Resolve likes  (unless that's one of the features, to not make messed up files??)

chmee

i think, Thomas Worth is still a user here, try it with a pm. if you dont want to change the tool, talk with him, go on his page, send an email, or try it via app-store. we had a long discussion about this tool - and finally its not on us helping you..

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Thomas Worth

If you can send me the DNG frames that are corrupted, I'm more than happy to look at them.

By the way, Rarevision now has a support forum for RAWMagic: http://rarevision.com/forum. I'm not sure the ML devs want RAWMagic discussed on their forum, so it's probably better if you post there instead.