Bahamian RAW Vacation Video-7d

Started by bennyray1, September 27, 2014, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyray1

I recently went to Eleuthera, Bahamas and captured tons of RAW footage on my 7d thanks to Magic Lantern,and some underwater stuff from my GoPro..I am a complete beginner still when it comes to coloring and editing but because of this awesome community I feel like I have actually been able to achieve a decent workflow and put together some thing decent...I still have a long way to go but I am getting better.

Filmed 1728x972 MLV
Converted to DNG with MlRawViewer 1.2.3
Imported to After Effects,converted to Log with VisionLog, scaled up and then rendered to ProRess XQ
Imported back into After Effects for correcting and grading with various Luts
and edited in Premiere.

I look up to a lot of you guys and your awesome productions, I will probably always be a video hobbiest but have learned tons of great knowledge from this forum...Thanks again everyone for Magic Lantern(alex) and all the other developers that work on applications like MlRawViewer (badland)for us typical end users.

Canon eos m

Great work! Keep going and you will only get better. I am struggling with a workflow too and not sure where to begin and how. The most difficult is to have a story to tell and then comes the 'how'. But keep at it and all will fall in place is my motto. Enjoy the learning.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

bennyray1

Thanks @Canon eos m, thanks for the encouragement,and yeah your right it starts first with a story to tell and then being able to put it together cohesively through your captures...thanks again.