Does the MK III attract Wasps?

Started by Kharak, October 15, 2014, 03:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

Super weird question I know, but been wondering about this and thought if anyone else experienced the same.

This summer I went on a road trip through a couple of countries in Europe. Especially when I was in Italy, my MK III got a lot of wasp interest... I love the camera too.. but seriously, give it some space.. At times I couldn't shoot anything cause I'd have 2-3 wasps walking all over the camera.. I tried cleaning the camera, maybe some fat from my fingers had stuck to the camera, but it didn't make any difference.. Seemed like everytime I pulled the camera out, wasps would start flying around the camera and then land on it and walk around it..

Anyone else tried this? Is it the colour of the camera? Electrical brain wave signals? Maybe just some smell stuck to it?

Had Canon 24-70 mm 2.8 on most of the time and Røde Video Mic.

Thought I'd ask as I am looking at footage from summer and remembering places where my camera was wasped.

once you go raw you never go back

PaulB

Did you have Magic Lantern installed? Lanterns often attract insects...

vertigopix

QuoteLanterns often attract insects...

:D :D :D

Datadogie

T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Kharak

Quote from: PaulB on October 15, 2014, 09:07:43 AM
Did you have Magic Lantern installed? Lanterns often attract insects...

The thing is, it was in the day time :)
once you go raw you never go back

Canon eos m

Haven't laughed in a long time ... Until now  :D
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

QuickHitRecord

Quote...maybe some fat from my fingers had stuck to the camera...

You wouldn't happen to be this guy, would you?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: vertigopix on October 15, 2014, 10:17:55 AM
Lanterns often attract insects...
Been a long time where I haven't laughed in a sense where it's almost unfathomable and yet it's pretty hilarious!

Lanterns do in fact attract wasp so it may be best not to use ML in certain areas? ;)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109