10.9.5 Mac: Macboo: Making card bootable failed Help!

Started by YourMom, September 26, 2014, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourMom

Evidently I am 2 years behind the curve.  Nevertheless, I'm trying to install ML on a 64g Transscend SDXC, and the Macboot app keeps telling me Making card bootable failed.  I am completely up to date on all my updates (Mac OS and Java).  I have no idea how to resolve this.  I have referred to the macboot download/instruction page, and have found nothing on fixing this. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!

walter_schulz

May I ask which build you used for which cam and which instruction you followed?
Most nightlies come with an installer which is easy to use and makes MacBoot/EOScard obsolete.

YourMom

I'm not sure which build your asking about, but all of them are the most recent.  Magic Lantern 2.3 (I haven't even been able to install that, so nightly builds are irrelevant ), Java 1.9, and 1.09 for Macboot.  Im using a 600D (T3i).  I understand that I don't need an SD card with a higher write speed than24MBs, but I've read that having a higher speed nullifies pink frames, and I don't want to have to switch SD cards a lot.  So, I'm trying to optimize with a 64g SDXC.  I've seen that other people have done it, but I just can't past this "making card bootable failed" issue.

ayshih

Walter's point was that the nightly builds of ML have an improved installer (no need for MacBoot/EOScard) compared to the stable build (2.3).  Thus, even if you can't install the stable build, you may be able to install nightly builds without any difficulty.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

YourMom

I was under the impression that you have to install the stable version before you can install any of the nightly builds.  Am I to understand that you can install the nightly builds without installing the 2.3 first?

I was unaware of this.  I'll try it! Thanks!

YourMom

Well, I tried it, didn't work :(

Anymore suggestions?

I suppose I should have mentioned before the message my camera is giving, though I didn't think it mattered since it couldn't make my card "bootable".

Canon gives me the message "Update file cannot be found.  Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again."

Walter Schulz

600D nightly build doesn't support the easy installation method. That's why I asked which cam and file version you're using.

You have to make the card bootable by MacBoot or any other method.