5D mak II ¿do i need a nightly build to record raw? ¿can i use a stable release?

Started by pablogiuseppe, September 26, 2014, 12:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablogiuseppe

hello there iam very new to magic lantern, and ive read aas much as i could but i cannot find a straight enough answer. So the stable release does not include raw recording, or at least i did not find a way to enable it as it does not show a module window in the menu. so the nightly builds seem to have what i need but i want to know if there is a stable version that includes raw recording or how can i install the module into the stable build and what files do i need

ayshih

Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

pablogiuseppe

thank you very much, thats the kind of answer i was looking for, which build is the best for raw recording? am i better off with the latest build?

ayshih

I recommend starting the the latest nightly build, and only switch to something less recent if you have a very good reason.  Using builds other than the most recent ones is not particularly helpful to ML development.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

pablogiuseppe

My main concern is safety and reliability, will nightly builds hold through a production?

reddeercity

I use my 5D2 for paid work, I have links to stable builds I trust.
But they are not from the latest nightly builds. PM and I will share them  :)
I film News Stories & Short Docs. in a Run & Gun Style and I can't afford to loss even 1 second
of footage from a software crash & or lockup . Once the monument has happen it gone forever !
I use the HDMI a lot for backup to MLV Raw with a Ninja with prores. 
I found 6+ mouth old build better for that. That why I trust the builds I do.
Plus I still can get 1872 instead of the now limited 1856. ;)