Shutter Speed Issues with AV auto Bracketing

Started by prajek, September 25, 2014, 07:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prajek

Hello,

I have searched all day and could not seem to find any related issues. I use a canon 5d mk11, with the ML 2.3- everything has seem to have installed correctly, however, when I go to shoot my HDR auto bracketing, under AV , the shutter speed continues to get longer and longer.

So for example, I have set up the bracket to 5 frames, 2ev , 0 + ++, iso off, scripts on - when I go to take the picture (fstop around 7.1 or 8) my shutter starts off at around 1.6" or longer.. then for each frame, the shutter is open longer and longer, until finally for that last exposure 30".

When this happens, all my exposures are all messed up and over exposed. How can I fix this? I am unable to use the M mode for this function due to the software I use for my job. I have other co-workers- same camera and same settings- still mines is the only one doing this.

Any idea what this could be? ( I have reformatted my CF card several times, I have tried several installs, including nightly and I still have the issue)

Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

russellsnr

Hi, How many images have you set the HDR option to take as it goes from 1 to 12?
So if you use 0+++ you will get 12 images from 0 to whatever you set the EV to be.
Russ

dmilligan

Turn bracketing off and just take a picture with Av. Is the shutter speed the same as the first shutter speed used by auto bracketing?