Motion Detection Continuous Burst?

Started by mtnbkr4life, September 17, 2014, 04:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtnbkr4life

Hi everyone, I'm new here (and also fairly new to the world of photography) and am trying to figure out ML. The reason I installed in on my Canon 550D (T2i) is to use the motion detect feature while taking action sport self portraits. To cut to the chase, is there a way to shoot continuously in motion detect mode? I put my camera on continuous mode and motion detect but it only takes one picture. I'm looking for a burst of quick shots. Then if I go under motion detect in settings and open up the menu I only can change the trigger mode and trigger level. No option for anything else. I see in some youtube videos options for detect size, number of pictures, and delay. Can I get these options? If so, how? I tried installing the latest nightly build and nothing seemed to change. Any help would be really appreciated. If I could get this working that'd be awesome! I've been trying out self portraits while riding my mountain bike and this (if it worked correctly) would probably be the best and cheapest way to do it. I looked into remote shutter releases to rig onto my bike but that can get expensive for a good setup. I tried taking some shots by setting the camera on continuous mode with a 10 second delay, quickly hopping on the bike, and riding into the frame as the camera takes pictures but it's a huge pain! I can't be too far away from the camera since it'll take all the pictures before I even ride into the frame. Some of the shots didn't come out bad. I'm happy with them considering it was just an experiment. One of my favorites of the day:

dmilligan

ML Menu > Shoot > Shoot Preferences > Pics at once

mtnbkr4life

I do not have that option. My screen looks like this:

dmilligan