Is there anyway to Convert raw to MLV?

Started by dfgh, September 14, 2014, 03:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfgh

Hey,

Basically, I'm getting vertical banding issues on my raw files and I can't get rid of them. The only method I hear that works is MLVmystic but it has to be an MLV file and not a raw file for it to work correctly. So is it possible to convert my raw files to MLV so I can rid myself of this terrible banding?

dmilligan

You have some bad information. The original vertical stripes correction is in raw2dng

dfgh

When I use raw2dng it gives me vertical banding. I'm not talking about pink striping.

spnsir

jtvision

I had the same and took me awhile until I did some research on the forum. You don't have to convert to MLV. Use the latest version of RAW2DNG. See this thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5614.150

dfgh

[extreme example https://www.dropbox.com/s/t42s6eml9zk4pgb/000000.dng?dl=0

And where would v11 of RAW2DNG be? on the stick in that thread? I downloaded that one and still get the same lines

a1ex

The correction doesn't work for this example (I've converted the DNG to RAW and back to DNG, and there was only a tiny improvement). Good catch.

Try some other correction algorithms - for example the one in MlRawViewer or raw2cdng 1.6.1.

I'll use this sample next time I'll revisit my algorithm.

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

a1ex

Simply run "make dng2raw" in the raw_rec directory, then dng2raw 000000.dng.

chmee

It would be easy, if Kind of Linux and c-dev would be installed. Im out of home the next two weeks, just with a win8.1-system. Sorry. (put it maybe into the samplefiles-thread)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

a1ex

Okay, I'll sort my test samples and upload them to your samples thread.

dfgh

Thanks Alex. I'm pretty sure those lines only occur when I under expose under certain ISO's or are at least more prominent.

And whatever tools I use on the raws  the lines appear to always be there.MLrawviewer does do a better a job at nearly all the other raws with similar problems though.