DaVinci Resolve 10 not reading DNG folders

Started by miccaliente, September 13, 2014, 07:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miccaliente

Hi all, just got DaVinic Resolve 10 (but 11 is out) i know. just thought that might be part of the problem. followed the beginner tutorials posted by David Vickers, but It still wont detect my DNG folders even after configuring it. only if I link the folder directly in the directory does it work. I would appreciate it so much if someone could help me out.

dyfid

When you say configure what do you mean? Have you gone into the Resolve Menu and under Preferences added the folder to Scratch Disks? Other than that maybe a folder permissions problem.

btw It's not a problem detecting DNG's or folders with Resolve 9, 10 or 11. Really do upgrade to 11 though as it has more advanced CinemaDNG raw adjustments as you're probably already aware.

miccaliente

Yup, I've done that. from what I have seen, it should pick up all the folders with the DNG sequences in them but the folder just comes up empty. the only thing that seems to work at the moments is when i add the actual DNG folders to the scratch disk one by one.

dyfid

Then it might be permissions problem with the DNG folders or dngs within.

What software did you use to create the folders and dngs? And what version of Windows.

miccaliente

dyfid

Have you checked file / folder permissions for the dngs, have you read the Rawanizer thread and have you used the commandline raw to dng tools to test whether Rawanizer is the problem.