700D and getting 60FPS

Started by Igradar, September 12, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igradar

Hey all!

I was recently taking a look at a sequence I shot at 1080p 60fps (originally 25) using Magic Lantern. When I checked the footage frame by frame I'm Premiere Pro CS6, I noticed that every second frame was just a copy of the previous frame (I was using a 60fps sequence for the imported footage).

This leads me to believe that I was nor successful in getting ML to convert 25fps to 60fps. I had selected FPS override. I'm essentially trying to do slow motion with a plugin called Twixtor and I don't think I successfully got 60fps.

Also, is it normal for software like premiere pro to say that footage is 25fps even if you have successfully overridden it to 60 etc?

dmilligan

Quote from: Igradar on September 12, 2014, 09:17:15 PM
I was recently taking a look at a sequence I shot at 1080p 60fps (originally 25) using Magic Lantern.
That's impossible. ML cannot override the FPS from 25 to 60. To get 60fps you have to use the Canon 50/60p video mode. I don't know why/how you think you were able to do that, but it is def. not possible. In fact people constantly ask for this, despite us clearly describing why it is impossible.

Igradar

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help!
I was wondering in the meantime, when might you use theFPS override?

dmilligan

typically you use it to make the FPS slower, or to adjust it very slightly, i.e. to get exactly 24 fps instead of 23.976