[deprecated] MLVFS windows client

Started by g3gg0, September 11, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennir

Hello,

is there an alternative download mirror?

Quote*** UnKnown can't find ml.g3gg0.de: Non-existent domain

edit:
Compiled it for myself, although there were a few problems (one being FITSCreator missing, I commented out the lines)

kgv5

Hi
i am using MLVFS a lot on my desktop computer (win 7 64bit) and after mounting MLVs i can import them to premiere cc without any problems as a sequences. Recently i have bought a laptop with windows 8 64bit, mounting works ok but unfortunatelly i cannot import DNGs directly to premiere anymore. It says "unsupported format or damaged file". I can import CDNGs from raw2cdng though. Is it possible to fix this somehow? Going through raw2cdng every time is time and HDD space comsuming, i love the MLVFS fast workflow from my desktop computer because I can work directly from CF card - just mount the MLVs, import them to premiere, than to resolve for cc and export final movie. Fast and easy.
So is that mean that MLVFS works differently on win 7 and win 8?
I have exactly the same versions of premiere CC on both computers.

I have also noticed that MLVFS on win 7 during mounting creates MLV and MLD folders on card while on win 8 only MLDs are created on card. MLV folders are on main C:\ drive in "volumes" folder.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

arrinkiiii

Hi kgv5, what is you specifications for your desktop computer? Are you using VirtualBox in Windows 7?

kgv5

hi arrinkiii, i dont know really... i dont remember installing such thing. Laptop is brand new with not many things installed, only those needed for raw workflow.
Does anybody here usues MLVFS on windows 8 64bit and is able to mount mlv files and import them to premiere cc directly? (as normal DNGs, not CNDGs)?

arrinkiiii

ahhh, ok. You install the MLVFS for windows, i have install one time but didn't work so good in my win 7. I Install the Mac version in my BookPro =)

5Djp

Ali Oliya

no download! may you please correct the link?

vertigopix

Quoteno download! may you please correct the link?

https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/mlvfs

Ali Oliya

@vertigopix

thanks, i installed Pismo File Mount Audit Package. but how should i register  "mlvfs.dll" ?! where is it?!

vertigopix

Download from here : https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/mlvfs/downloads
and register with (in command window) : pfm register mlvfs.dll

Ali Oliya

@vertigopix thank you

how am i supposed to import in premiere? when i import the mounted MLV folder it says "File Import Failure - Unsupported format or damaged file." what am i doing wrong?

kgv5

If you are using windows 8 it seems that is a problem. Win7 imports those files without any problems, for win8 you have to convert dngs to cdngs. And remember that to import you have to select only the first *000000*.dng from the folder, not the entire folder. To import many sequences i make a search for 000000 named files, than select all of them and drag and drop to premiere. But not in win8. I think it is probably because pismo doesnt fully support win8. In win8 i am using raw2cdng to convert MLVs first.

Frank7D

Quotefor win8 you have to convert dngs to cdngs

MLVFS already gives you cdngs.

Ali Oliya, just checking: are you using Premiere CC?

kgv5

i am using the newest premiere cc on two computers: with win7 and win8. On win7 everything goes like a charm, on win8 i cannot import directly. Maybe it is not a matter of cdngs or dngs, i dont know, the fact is that mlvfs behaves differently on those systems.

Ali Oliya

@ Frank7D

its Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CC.8.0.0.169 2014 in windows 8 (i hate win8!) .

ps. i can import other cDNGs converted with MLRV and raw2cdng easily.

Ali Oliya

@ Kgv7

are you able to import mounted MLV folder directly into Premiere in win 7 ?

Ali Oliya

oops! just noticed i should use "Mount" option instead "Quick Mount" ! and then add a map drive... the problem solved!  pardon me...thanks!

Ali Oliya

and here encountering another problem!  it stops mapping the drive as the letters are limited to A-Z !! i can only mount 32 MLVs! what should i do now?!

kgv5

Quote from: kgv5 on June 11, 2015, 12:13:36 AM
i am using the newest premiere cc on two computers: with win7 and win8. On win7 everything goes like a charm, on win8 i cannot import directly. Maybe it is not a matter of cdngs or dngs, i dont know, the fact is that mlvfs behaves differently on those systems.

I think my problem with win 8 is solved !!!
In fact it wasn't matter of the windows at all - i have bought my computer recently so i have just installed the newest Pismo File Mount Audit Package  - build 177. It seemst there were some serious changes recently, i have checked this on my older desktop on which i didnt have any problems with MLVFS - it turned out that i have build 171 installed.
With older build 171 everything works ok even on windows 8. It is really GREAT! :) The biggest time saver  of all times - MLVFS  - is now fully functional on my new laptop :)
IMPORTANT: When you click the link on the first page of the MLVFS main topic - it will now direct you to the newest 177 build which doesn't work for us.

viikossi

Hello! Can`t download MLV WebDAV Server, can someone post a link? Working with magiclantern files is new for me, but this looks promising! So please post a link, thanks.
Ossi

Walter Schulz

TheJuice

@Walter Schulz : I think he was refering to the WebDav solution, not the PISMO one.
I too am looking for the Webdav executables : on a previous windows build I had been unable to make it work and wanted to give it another go on a fresh windows install.
the Pismo solution works auite well, but having to mount each MLV file is a little cumbersome when you have dozens of files...

Thanks

Frank7D

TheJuice,

You might already know this, but (when using pismo) you can select all files at once and right-click and choose "quick mount."
It takes a little while for them to finish depending on how many you have.

TheJuice

I didn't know thanks, I thought you really had to go one by one :-p

arrinkiiii

Exist a new version of Pismo,  v. 178 for download

http://www.pismotechnic.com/download/