[deprecated] MLVFS windows client

Started by g3gg0, September 11, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canon eos m

Hi g3gg0,

Similar error:

After Effects error: File exists but couldn't be open for reading: "M:\M30-0919.MLV\M30-0919_00000.dng" (3::0)

This error comes after the RAW file opens automatically in ACR 2014 when I use After Effects CC 2014 import sequence function.

M:/ is the virtual drive that MLVFS created for me. I can view the file by clicking on any one of the dng frames since MLViewer automatically activates. The file all blue though.

To trace steps:

1. I downloaded the latest zip version of the WebDAV Server 2.9 from the link on page 1 of your post
2. I then unzipped this folder
3. Clicked on WebDAV Server file and was taken to the interface
4. Clicked on the Map button and the interface created M:/ virtual directory on its own
5. Clicked on the Path button and directed the interface to the folder containing MLV files
6. Clicked on Write and Install in quick succession
7. Opened sub-folder in M:/ and clicked on one of the many dng frames
8. The frames automatically opened as a video in MLViewer
9. Closed MLViewer
10. Opened After Effects CC 2014
11. Clicked on the Import command and clicked on the first dng frame in the sub-folder in M:/
12. The frame opened in ACR 2014 RAW interface
13. Since the frame was blue, I color corrected it using the Auto WB button in RAW
14. Closed the file
15. The import error was seen on the AE screen

This is worst than last time since the last time the import stopped after brining in about 50 frames - now none was imported.

Edit: Sorry just noticed your message:

@Canon eos m:
can you also provide the output of a mlv_dump -v for the file causing trouble?

How do I create a mlv_dump -v for the file causing trouble
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

Second error:

"After Effects error: the file format module could not parse the file." (45 :: 35)

Third error when I tried to import the jpg sequence:

"After Effects error: Can't import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name." (39 :: 44)

The files are definitely there but AE can't see them.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

There is something wrong with the DNG because Adobe cannot recognize these DNG files where as the jpg's are okay.

jose_ugs

g3gg0 on the money once again! Will try pretty soon and report back. Bowing to what you're doing man...

Podden

Another one:

WebDAVServer started.
Listening on 0.0.0.0:8082
Root path 'E:\Diplomarbeit\'
[E] Error while browsing /Rohmaterial/20140823 - Pizza/Kamera1/M22-1621.MLV: System.ObjectDisposedException, Auf einen geschlossenen Stream kann nicht zugegriffen werden.

I get all empty MLV Folders (it does take some time to open thought so it does try to do something), tried as Admin and Local, Service and Standalone. I'm on Windows 8.1

g3gg0

wow, this is a weird error..
other mlv's work?

can you provide one of them?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

domidomsen

So its me again ;)

Statistics:
  MLV readers: 2
    D:\UBIKMEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M11-2042.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    D:\UBIKMEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M11-2302.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    Cached toal: 0,00 MiB

[i] WebDAVServer started.
[i] Listening on 0.0.0.0:8082
[i] Root path 'D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\'
[E] Empty request in connection from 127.0.0.1:57654 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] Empty request in connection from 127.0.0.1:57667 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] Error while browsing /M11-2302.MLV: System.ObjectDisposedException, Cannot access a closed Stream.
[E] 500 'System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.' in connection from 127.0.0.1:57687 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] Error while browsing /M11-2042.MLV: System.ObjectDisposedException, Cannot access a closed Stream.
[E] 500 'System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.' in connection from 127.0.0.1:57686 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] Error while browsing /M11-2302.MLV: System.ObjectDisposedException, Cannot access a closed Stream.
[E] Error while browsing /M11-2042.MLV: System.ObjectDisposedException, Cannot access a closed Stream.

The Folders are empty. I use version 2.9

Thx

Podden

Nope, no mlvfile or folder works, they're all empty.
Interesting though: Double Clicking on a mlv folder plays the audio of the clip for the blink of an eye. It also generates the idx file and the included MLV Viewer playedthem correctly so no problem there.
Ill try to build the bitbucket project tomorrow and look into the exceptions myself.
Here's one of the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7bn2num691bl4q/mlvtest.7z?dl=0

Generally asked: Is MLVFS the way to go now? I'm currently making shooting with ML-RAW and postprocessing the files my diploma thesis, but you guys are so fast with new ideas and techniques that I cannot keep up and track  :P

g3gg0

thanks for the file.

@domidomsen:
@Podden:
can you redownload and test?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

domidomsen

Cool it works. Almost ;)

When i open the DNG`s the lower 18 Pixels are missing. They are black.

Thank you.

g3gg0

uhm are they blacked out?
or is there an additional black bar on bottom?

domidomsen

TheJuice

Hi,
Hi,
I haven't been able to use the server at all...

With what Windows version are you using it?
I'm with Windows 8 and I don't know if this could be the cause of all my failing...
I launch the server with administrative rights, tried to use the "Launch as Windows 7" feature of Windows, but doing all of things always lead me to an error when trying to map the drive :
"Sorry, mapping the drive failed with error 53"

Am I doing something wrong ?
I also tried to configure various Paths : with one MLV in a directory, the root path of a drive...

Thanks in advance.

Podden

Nice file access works now like a charm. However, I've got these black bars, too.

here's an example dng:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvtpikxdtt6rpoh/M22-1922_000001.7z

arrinkiiii

Hi,

I have install this for the first time and the folders they are all empty. Anyone knows why this happen? Later i will post more info about the empty's folders.

The lest version for download already have the strips correct? 

arrinkiiii

Well... for the one's that find the same error or did something wrong, like me.

I try to delete the folder with the app but it says that is using in other place. So i search in windows for the regedit.exe, click it and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\    and deleted the folder WebDavserver. Then deleted the folder of the app in the desktop and replace with fresh download. Re-start the pc and voila, everything looks alright. Wend i go to my virtual drive the ML folders contain all the files,  everything is there =)  So happy !!! Let's try in Premiere... 

andy kh

Quote from: arrinkiiii on December 18, 2014, 04:28:32 PM
Hi,

I have install this for the first time and the folders they are all empty. Anyone knows why this happen? Later i will post more info about the empty's folders.

The lest version for download already have the strips correct? 

samething happen wth me
5D Mark III - 70D

arrinkiiii

Did you already fix that andy kh ?

andy kh

no not yet. i don kno how to fix and i hv been busy trying to fix another pro. for some reasons resolve crash while importing xml from premiere pro cc. after cutting cdng in premiere pro i export xml and for the first time i m unable to import xml or edl in resolve 11 lite
5D Mark III - 70D

arrinkiiii

Im trying in Premiere CC and is very slow. I search for the files in Premiere browser and it take a lot of time to recognize that is a file, after i import it to the project and move to the time line (also take a little of time) i try to render the file for be able to play normal in Premiere and it gives me a error saying  "Error Compiling Movie - Unknow Error" 

Going make more some trials.

arrinkiiii

andy:

I try to delete the folder with the app that i have put in the desktop of win7 but it says that is using in other place. So i search in windows for the regedit.exe, click it and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\    and deleted the folder WebDavserver. Then deleted the folder of the app in the desktop and replace with fresh download. Re-start the pc and voila, everything looks alright. Wend i go to my virtual drive the ML folders contain all the files,  everything is there =)

andy kh

now im not able to map. i m getting error 53 msg
5D Mark III - 70D

arrinkiiii

ohhh, ok, its a different error. What i can advice is to read the 4 pages from this post and try getting a solution. Soory for not be able to help more =(

Don't know if is my version of Premiere CC but the import and browser is very slow. By the internet browser is ok, it's kind of fast. Just un-able the search for lan/server in explorer settings, like g3gg0 suggested.   

phil7

HI

I have win 7 x64 and cannot use webdav server. I open it an d it always get me the error while pressing the drive letter MAP button. It retunrs the error : mapping the drive failled, error 53. I tried all possible letters....same result.

I did all the tricks and after those I see now, even if I run as adminsitrstor I got WEBDAV server NOT started. windows service is already running.

TheJuice

Quote from: phil7 on January 24, 2015, 05:44:39 PM
HI

I have win 7 x64 and cannot use webdav server. I open it an d it always get me the error while pressing the drive letter MAP button. It retunrs the error : mapping the drive failled, error 53. I tried all possible letters....same result.

I did all the tricks and after those I see now, even if I run as adminsitrstor I got WEBDAV server NOT started. windows service is already running.

Same thing I reported in october. I am using Windows 8 64 bits...
As almost no one reported this, I guess we are on our own.